Hi there, thank you for viewing my profile. My name is Saghir and I am a highly experienced Integrative Counsellor and member of the BACP, so you can be assured of my professionalism and training.
I have my own private practice, it offers my clients a safe, confidential space to explore their thoughts, feelings and emotions. Alongside this I also work with West Midlands Police referrals, Birmingham Mental health Consortium, Forward Thinking Birmingham, Youth Centres, GP Surgeries, Schools and other educational institutes.
I am also a Respect trained and approved Domestic Violence Perpetrator Programme Facilitator, with extensive knowledge and experience in Domestic Violence.
How I Work
I work using an Integrative model, which simply means that I use different therapeutic theories and practices in helping you to achieve your goals. The theories that I use most are Person Centred, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Psychodynamic theory.
How Counselling can Help You
Sometimes it’s easier to talk to a stranger than to relatives or friends. During talking therapy, a trained therapist listens to you and helps you find your own answers to problems, without judging you. The therapist will give you time to talk, cry, shout or just think. It’s an opportunity to look at your problems in a different way with someone who’ll respect and encourage your opinions and the decisions you make.
Usually, you’ll talk one-to-one with the therapist. Sometimes, talking treatments are held in groups or in couples, such as relationship counselling.
What happens next?
The first step is to get in contact by either calling or emailing me using the details at the top of this page. We can then discuss your situation and what the next step will be.
Your initial session:
- The counselling process on the initial meeting will be slightly different to what normally happens. In the first meeting we complete an agreement which includes matters of safety and confidentiality. I will also assess your circumstances, so that I am aware of any medical conditions or any other issues I need to know.
- The initial session is, just £30.
- I will suggest the minimum number of sessions that you may require to help you with your issue (number of sessions is optional).
- In the first session I will explain how I can work with you and discuss your feelings on my working process. This will enable us as client and therapist to get familiar with each other and also make any changes that are needed to work towards building the therapeutic relationship.
The following sessions we can continue to work with your issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have qualified with an award of BA Hons in Integrative Counselling. I am also a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy). I work ethically to the BACP ethical framework by maintaining professionalism and always keeping the clients benefits at heart.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic Violence Perpetrators
I facilitate a training programme for Domestic Violence Perpetrators. This has given me a great insight into how domestic violence can impact the lives of individuals who are victims and children who may witnesses this. I have also gained experience in seeing from a perpetrators perspective.
Photos & videos
- Initial session - just £30
- £40 per counselling hour which lasts 50 minutes.
- The costs for couples Therapy is £70 per counselling hour and does not include home visits.
There are discounts for block bookings of sessions.
I also offer telephone counselling service to clients who may not be able to attend a "face to face" service due to their location or busy life. This will enable people with the facility of therapy in their own comfort and in their own time.
Telephone counselling works in a similar way to face to face counselling. You arrange an appointment, on the time arranged we can talk and discuss your issues.
The agreements will need to be posted or emailed and agreed upon. The time is 50 mins of the counselling hour. They payments are made by using Paypal or BACS.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi|
Please contact me for availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|