Hello, I am Sae.
I am a UK-trained counsellor with counselling qualifications which enable me to listen to children, adolescents and adults.
I offer gentle support and a relaxing, safe space for you to look into the matters that are causing you unwanted distress.
My unique international background as a teacher, teaching from primary school to university level, has helped many of my clients easily form genuine helpful and supportive therapeutic relationships with me.
I have also been trained to support people with special educational needs such as ASD, ADHD and Dyslexia, and I have a special skill in helping clients for whom English is an additional language.
I can help you with meetings in Malvern, Cheltenham, Worcester or online (we could use Zoom, Skype or LINE).
Please visit my website and feel free to contact me. I will usually get back to you within 24 hours.
I can help you make the first step to change and move forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling for Children and Young People, University of South Wales
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Gloucestershire College
- Level 3 Introduction to Counselling, Open University
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, Worcester College of Technology
- Level 1 Introduction to Counselling, Worcester Sixth Form College
- BEd. Primary School Teaching, Japanese Language and Literature, Yokohama National University
- Postgraduate Certificate in E-teaching, Global Virtual University of United Nations University
- ASPIE, Worcester, UK (2019 - present)
- The Listening Post, Cheltenham, UK (2015 - present)
- Maidenhill School, Stonehouse, UK (2017 - 2018)
- Bredon School, Tewkesbury (1 to 1 support teacher)
- The Chase Academy, Malvern (Teaching assistant, EAL coordinator)
- Colegio La Union, Lima, Peru (Japanese language teacher)
- Phuket Japanese Supplementary School, Phuket, Thailand (Head of Study)
- Dulwich International College, Phuket, Thailand (Head of Japanese)
- Bucknell University, Pennsylvania, USA (Japanese language teaching assistant)
- Thai-Japanese Association School, Bangkok, Thailand (Primary school teacher)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
International issues: Homesickness, fitting in, international relationships, language and cultural issues
A session: £40
First session (Taster and Assessment): £20
Our first session is to:
- introduce ourselves to each other
- complete a simple assessment to see if counselling is the best path for you
- listen and understand what you would like to talk about in our sessions
- discuss our therapeutic boundaries
You can then decide if you feel you would like to start working with me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Japanese, Spanish|
I can reserve wheelchair accessible premises in Malvern and Cheltenham.
Mon: 9:30am - 11:30am (Cheltenham) Tue: 8:00am - 7:00pm Wed: 8:00am - 12:00 Thu: 8:00 am - 7:00pm Fri: 8:00am - 7:00pm Sat, Sun: Usually unavailable
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|