I am a UK-trained international counsellor for children, adolescents and adults. I offer a relaxing, safe space and gentle support for you to look into the matters that are causing you unwanted distress.
Together, you and I will decide how to work with each other. I will not tell you what to do or make decisions for you. Instead, I will accompany your important work by actively listening to you, focusing on your feelings, and sometimes gently challenging your ideas when I feel it may help.
My unique international background as a teacher, teaching from primary school to university level, has helped many of my clients easily form genuine helpful and supportive therapeutic relationships with me.
I have also been trained to support people with special educational needs such as ASD, ADHD and Dyslexia, and I have a special skill in helping clients for whom English is an additional language.
I can help you with meetings in Malvern, Cheltenham, Worcester or online (we could use Zoom, Skype or LINE).
Please visit my website and feel free to contact me. I will usually get back to you within 24 hours.
I look forward to working with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling for Children and Young People, University of South Wales
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Gloucestershire College
- Level 3 Introduction to Counselling, Open University
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, Worcester College of Technology
- Level 1 Introduction to Counselling, Worcester Sixth Form College
- BEd. Primary School Teaching, Japanese Language and Literature, Yokohama National University
- Postgraduate Certificate in E-teaching, Global Virtual University of United Nations University
- ASPIE, Worcester, UK (2019 - present)
- The Listening Post, Cheltenham, UK (2015 - present)
- Maidenhill School, Stonehouse, UK (2017 - 2018)
- Bredon School, Tewkesbury (1 to 1 support teacher)
- The Chase Academy, Malvern (Teaching assistant, EAL coordinator)
- Colegio La Union, Lima, Peru (Japanese language teacher)
- Phuket Japanese Supplementary School, Phuket, Thailand (Head of Study)
- Dulwich International College, Phuket, Thailand (Head of Japanese)
- Bucknell University, Pennsylvania, USA (Japanese language teaching assistant)
- Thai-Japanese Association School, Bangkok, Thailand (Primary school teacher)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
International issues: Homesickness, fitting in, international relationships, language and cultural issues
A session: £40
First session (Taster and Assessment): £20
Our first session is to:
- introduce ourselves to each other
- complete a simple assessment to see if counselling is the best path for you
- listen and understand what you would like to talk about in our sessions
- discuss our therapeutic boundaries
You can then decide if you feel you would like to start working with me.