Sabine Heiliger, Counsellor & Supervisor, Registered MBACP (Accred)
0778 639 4203
Hello, I have been a counsellor for 17 years, with 30 years experience in the NHS.
Your first session of 30 minutes is free of charge, so that we can talk about whether I am the right counsellor for you and how we can best work together.
I will see you in my log cabin in our garden, which makes for a quiet, peaceful atmosphere, where you can freely explore whatever is on your mind, in confidence.
I aim to listen to your concerns without judging you in any way, to understand you from your own point of view, and to help you make sense of what is on your mind.
Sessions usually last 60 minutes, but we may agree shorter or longer sessions, depending on your needs and preferences.
As I work independently, I can be flexible and taylor the way we work together to you as an individual / couple.
I grew up in Germany and came to live in England when I was 18. I trained as a nurse and a midwife and worked in the NHS for 30 years, for the University of Southampton, Leicester University, Totton College, Hampshire County Council's School Counselling Service, and Solent Mind, among others.
I believe strongly in equal opportunities for all and enjoy meeting people of all ages with different ways of life and different talents and abilities.
Please feel free to contact me, if you would like to find out more, without any obligation.
If you need to speak to someone urgently, I recommend you contact the Samaritans.
They are available on the phone and via email, around the clock, every day of the year.
Tel 116 123
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications & Training
- BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) Registered and Accredited Counsellor
- Certificate in Person-Centred Supervision (Metanoia Institute)
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling (Relate)
- Diploma in Client-Centred Therapy/Person-Centred Counselling (ABC)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Low-Intensity CBT
- Independent counsellor since 2000
- Couple counsellor with Relate
- School counsellor in primary and secondary schools
- Primary care counsellor in GP surgeries
- Employment assistance programme counsellor for staff of various organisations
- Counsellor in Substance Misuse Service for underlying issues of substance use and survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Low-Intensity CBT for IAPT Service
- Supervisor for counsellors and other helping professionals
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Alternative life styles
- £45 per hour for individuals
- £50 per hour for couples
- £50 per hour for individuals
- £55 per hour for organisations
- groups by agreement
I offer a first session of 30 minutes free of charge, so that we can talk about whether I am the right counsellor for you, and agree how we can best work together.
Please ask me about reduced fees, if you have difficulty finding the full amount.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I usually offer person-centred supervision for counsellors and other helping professionals, but I am sorry I am unable to take on any new supervisees at present.