Sabina Rosdarklin, MACP, Child Psychotherapist, Counsellor & Trainer
I am a Child and Adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapist and an adult counsellor in private practice. As a private practitioner I try to contribute to meeting local need for easily accessible, high quality therapeutic services. I offer a private, confidential, psychotherapy service that prioritizes prompt consultation, assessment and prompt treatment.
I have over 20 years experience working therapeutically with children, young people, families and adults in NHS CAMHS settings, in education settings and in independent agencies & mental health charities.
As a psychotherapist I work with children and young people up to the age of 25. I offer psychodynamic counseling to individual adults. I also provide therapeutic consultation and intervention to adults seeking help for family issues, including parental couples, single parents and carers.
I consider that sometimes a one-off meeting to talk about difficulties can be a powerful, effective aid to parents, carers and young people and I will offer a one-off consultation if that is what meets your individual needs best. I aim to work in partnership with parents, carers and young people to understand the issues brought for joint attention and to explore with you how best to address these, whether in brief or longer-term psychotherapy, or in a different type of therapy. I will assist you find a professional in a related psychological service if that is the more appropriate treatment option.
I aim to respond to quickly initial queries and to offer low cost initial consultations without delay.
Please look at my website www.rosdarklin.co.uk for further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a Doctoral-level training in clinical Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy at the Tavistock and Portman Institute London and I am accredited with the national register of child & adolescent psychotherapists, ACP
- I am a Tavistock & Portman NHS Lecturer & Joint Course Organiser for the MA in Working with children, young people and families, that is available here in Devon, validated by the Tavistock NHS & the University of Essex. I share joint responsibility for the delivery of the MA in the south west. I currently teach modules on child development research and facilitate the young child observation seminar.
- I have completed the Post-qualification Introduction to Forensic psychotherapy (Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust Certificate). I work with children and adolescents who present with complex risk and I consult to independent care organizations and supervise therapeutic staff who work with young people with concerning behaviors.
- I have a British Psychological Society accredited Professional Supervision of Clinicians Certificate. I offer clinical supervision to therapeutic support staff, specialist social workers, play therapists and counsellors.
- I have over 20 years experience working therapeutically with children, young people and their families in NHS CAMHS settings, in education settings and in children in care independent agencies and charities.
My professional training and work experience are in the following specialist areas :
- Child & adolescent psychotherapy
- Joint parent & child psychotherapy
- Young adult psychotherapy
- Parent consultation & parent couple work
- Family consultation
- Brief Psychotherapy
- Solution focused psychotherapy
- Eating disorders (training provider: Great Ormond St Hospital Eating Disorder Services)
- Working with gender non-conforming young people, LGBTQ (training provider: GIDS Tavistock & Portman NHS in association with Gendered Intelligence)
- Substance Abuse & Addictions
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Association of Child Psychotherapists
The ACP is the registering body for NHS trained Child and Adolescent Psychotherapists. ACP members undergo a minimum 6 year training; two years at Masters level then 4 years full-time clinical in the NHS qualifying in a Doctorate Level course. Full members are able to work with neonates, mothers & babies, parents & toddlers, primary school age children & adolescents. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
British Psychoanalytic Council
The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) is a professional association, representing the profession of psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The organisation is itself made up of fourteen member organisations and BPC accredits the trainings of its member organisations. An individual who qualifies from one of these trainings is then eligible for entry into the BPC's register.
BPC registrants are governed by a code of ethics, a policy of continuing professional development, a statement on confidentiality and a complaints procedure. The BPC is a Member Society of the European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the Public Sector (EFPP). Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I offer a low cost consultation at £35. My fees are £60 per session. I also undertake limited reduced fee psychotherapy subject to individual circumstance. Please contact me to discuss.
I work within the ethical frameworks of the professional bodies to which I belong and who maintain standards of professionalism, confidentiality and accountability in the interests of the client. My memberships include:
- ACP, Professionally accredited member of Association of Child Psychotherapists.
- PSA, Professionally accredited member of the Register of the Professional Standards Authority, the national body that regulates professional standards in the health and care public sector, as well as in voluntary and private practice.
- TSP, Member of Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists
- BPC Member of British Psychoanalytic Council