Sabina Rosdarklin, MACP, Child Psychotherapist, Counsellor & Trainer
I am a Child and Adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapist and an adult counsellor in private practice. As a private practitioner I try to contribute to meeting local need for easily accessible, high quality therapeutic services. I offer a private, confidential, psychotherapy service that prioritizes prompt consultation, assessment and prompt treatment.
I have over 20 years experience working therapeutically with children, young people, families and adults in NHS CAMHS settings, in education settings and in independent agencies & mental health charities.
As a psychotherapist I work with children and young people up to the age of 25. I offer psychodynamic counseling to individual adults. I also provide therapeutic consultation and intervention to adults seeking help for family issues, including parental couples, single parents and carers.
I consider that sometimes a one-off meeting to talk about difficulties can be a powerful, effective aid to parents, carers and young people and I will offer a one-off consultation if that is what meets your individual needs best. I aim to work in partnership with parents, carers and young people to understand the issues brought for joint attention and to explore with you how best to address these, whether in brief or longer-term psychotherapy, or in a different type of therapy. I will assist you find a professional in a related psychological service if that is the more appropriate treatment option.
I aim to respond to quickly initial queries and to offer low cost initial consultations without delay.
Please look at my website www.rosdarklin.co.uk for further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a Doctoral-level training in clinical Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy at the Tavistock and Portman Institute London and I am accredited with the national register of child & adolescent psychotherapists, ACP
- I am a Tavistock & Portman NHS Lecturer & Joint Course Organiser for the MA in Working with children, young people and families, that is available here in Devon, validated by the Tavistock NHS & the University of Essex. I share joint responsibility for the delivery of the MA in the south west. I currently teach modules on child development research and facilitate the young child observation seminar.
- I have completed the Post-qualification Introduction to Forensic psychotherapy (Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust Certificate). I work with children and adolescents who present with complex risk and I consultant to independent care organizations and supervise therapeutic staff who work with young people with concerning behaviors.
- I have a British Psychological Society accredited Professional Supervision of Clinicians Certificate. I offer clinical supervision to therapeutic support staff, specialist social workers, play therapists and counsellors.
- I have over 20 years experience working therapeutically with children, young people and their families in NHS CAMHS settings, in education settings and in children in care independent agencies and charities.
My professional training and work experience are in the following specialist areas :
- Child & adolescent psychotherapy
- Joint parent & child psychotherapy
- Young adult psychotherapy
- Parent consultation & parent couple work
- Family consultation
- Brief Psychotherapy
- Solution focused psychotherapy
- Eating disorders (training provider: Great Ormond St Hospital Eating Disorder Services)
- Working with gender non-conforming young people, LGBTQ (training provider: GIDS Tavistock & Portman NHS in association with Gendered Intelligence)
- Substance Abuse & Addictions
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I offer a low cost consultation at £35. My fees are £60 per session. I also undertake limited reduced fee psychotherapy subject to individual circumstance. Please contact me to discuss.
I work within the ethical frameworks of the professional bodies to which I belong and who maintain standards of professionalism, confidentiality and accountability in the interests of the client. My memberships include:
- ACP, Professionally accredited member of Association of Child Psychotherapists.
- PSA, Professionally accredited member of the Register of the Professional Standards Authority, the national body that regulates professional standards in the health and care public sector, as well as in voluntary and private practice.
- TSP, Member of Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists
- BPC Member of British Psychoanalytic Council
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
In addition to appointments within a 9-5 weekly schedule, I offer weekday early morning and early evening appointments and appointments on Saturdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a professionally qualified supervisor with experience of providing supervision to clinicians and professionals in the network of care for young people and adults.