Dip. Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy, MBA, C Dip IOD
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
If you’re searching this website for a counsellor or psychotherapist then there’s probably something that’s troubling you.
Finding the right person to trust with your vulnerabilities is important and often scary. That’s why I’ve attempted to give you a candid picture of who I am, what drives me and my approach so that you can decide if you want to contact me.
Hi, I’m Ruth. After a lifetime of experience in business consultancy, coaching (business, performance, and life coaching) and training, I am now semi-retired and working as a counsellor, psychotherapist, and coach.
I am highly motivated by the joy of seeing my clients getting the breakthroughs they are looking for and freedom from what holds them back or hurts them. I focus on empowering my clients and ensuring they remain in control of the pace and outcomes they want to achieve.
My clients often tell me they appreciate my warmth, empathetic compassionate and non-judgemental style. I use an integrated approach which means I draw from a variety of tried and tested therapies and techniques which are rooted in neuroscience, and I tailor each session to my client’s specific needs and challenges.
I work with people from all backgrounds who need help with one or a variety of issues including painful childhood memories, low self-esteem, relationship (family or partner) issues, anxiety, depression, bereavement, loss, loneliness, low self-confidence. I also offer relationship and couples therapy.
If you’re interested in discussing whether we could work together, please book an initial free online session with me. We can talk through what you’re looking for from your sessions and explore if I am the right person to support you without any pressure or obligation.
Individual Member BACP
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Couple Counselling
- Certificate in Applied Neuroscience
- Practitioner in Brain & Behaviour Change
- Master of Business Administration
- IOD Diploma in Company Direction
- Chartered Fellow CIPD
- APMG International Agile Project Management Practitioner
- BSc (Hons) Business Studies
- Diploma in Performance Coaching
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Master
- Trainer Qualification NVQ - Level 4
- Myers Briggs (MBTI) Level 1 & 2
- Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing – Level A
- IPD Certificate in Human Resource Development
- How to do counselling online: a coronavirus primer
- Creating Agile Organisations
- Stress and building resilience
- Practical Neuroscience: How to Use the Power of Neuroscience to Change Attitudes to Change
- Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Transformational Leadership
- IOD course in Improving Company Performance
- Investigators Training - Bullying, Discrimination and Harassment
- Project Management Foundation (PRINCE 2)
- EFQM BEM Assessor
- The Fundamentals of Human Nutrition – Open University
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
General Counselling & Psychotherapy
From £40.00 to £70.00
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
Discounts for prepaid block-bookings
Evening sessions are charged at £70
When I work