Online, telephone and face to face counselling "working with a variety of approaches I provide counselling which is adaptive and creative to ensure that working together we can work towards finding clarity and understanding & ways to implement lasting change."
To offer flexibility I have both day time and evening appointments throughout the week.
I am passionate about my clients working towards becoming the best version of themselves. This often means an exploration of past events, present experiences and future hopes. Finding your own personal awareness, compassion and understanding of self can aid you in achieving the best version of yourself.
I will work with you in a way that is supportive, warm and non-judgemental, to guide you through any distress you may be experiencing and I aim to empower you to deal with any difficulties, whatever they may be. I am also an NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) practitioner and offer life coaching, training and consultancy work.
I have extensive experience working with anxiety, trauma, relationship difficulties, historical abuse and recovery from domestic abuse.
I will provide a safe and confidential space for you to explore things in your life that may be causing distress or confusion be that something specific like bereavement, anxiety or relationship issues, to that sense that things aren't quite right and a lack of fulfilment in your everyday life.
I can help you to deal with problems including but not limited to
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- Depression, Anxiety and Stress
- Loss of Confidence or Low Self Esteem
- Bereavement and loss
- Traumatic experiences
- Emotional, Physical or Sexual Abuse
- Work difficulties
- Relationships problems
- Separation and / or divorce recovery
- Self Defeating behaviours and patterns
- Anger management
- Life crisis or transition
- Coming to terms with medical diagnosis e.g. Motor Neuron Disease
- Learning to accept and live with chronic long term conditions e.g ME, fibromyalgia, MS, Diabetes
- Support for Carers and those who are cared for
I am an integrative counsellor with over 3000 hours of clinical experience and am a Senior Accredited member of the National Counselling Society.
I use a variety of counselling approaches to suit the needs of the individual. The main theoretical approaches that I use in my work are; Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Solution Focused, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis, Motivational Interviewing, mindfulness, Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness.
Training, qualifications & experience
Advanced Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills.
Certificate in Couples Counselling
Diploma in Life Coaching
NLP Practitioner Qualification - AIP
SDS Accreditation in Clinical Supervision, Level 3 - CSAccred.(AAC)
Awareness in Bereavement Care - Ascentis through CRUSE Bereavement Care
Facilitated Group Work Training Course - Ascentis through CRUSE Bereavement Care
Volunteer as a 'Visitor' for CRUSE from 2012-2015
DBT level 2 - APT
Senior Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society
Additional Courses Completed:
- Living and Working with Dissociation - PODS
- Working with Relational Trauma: Attachment and Healthy Relationships - PODS
- Trauma and the Body: Somatisation and Dissociation - PODS
- Understanding the Complexities of Sexual Abuse with Penny Parks
- Working Therapeutically with Gender Identity - Transitions Counselling & Consultancy
- Ascentis Awareness in Bereavement Care - Cruse
- Ascentis Working with Groups - Cruse
- On-going Telephone Support - Cruse
- A Childs Grief - Cruse
- The Art of Self Care CPD
- Safeguarding Adults at Risk
- Diploma - Clinical Weight Loss
- Excel with Business - Mindfulness
- Certified Life Coach - American Union of NLP
- Facilitated Groupwork Training Course Cruse
- Safeguarding Adults
- Art Therapy Diploma - Renaissance Training Academy
- TA101 - UKATA
- Suffocation of the Soul: Compulsive Hoarding - SAC
- Overcoming Trauma-Related Shame and Self-Loathing - Janina Fisher
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance - Monash University
- The Human Toolbox
- Shame Shields - Brene Brown
- EFT Diploma
- Mindful Self Compassion
- Treating Generalised Anxiety and Panic Disorders - Mindbody Breakthrough
- Introduction to NLP
- Dealing with Distress: Working with Suicide and Self-Harm PODS
- Dissociation and DID
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Essential Supervision Skills Level 1 and 2 SDS
- NLP Practitioner Training TWC
- DBT level 2 - APT
- Emotional Regulation
- Critical Incident Debriefing
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have an online store anxietystore.co.uk where I sell my handmade jewellery, worry beads, self care cards and a variety of other useful resources related to anxiety, please come and take a visit. I have a holistic approach to mental health and I have found these beautiful and practical items can really complement my work with my clients.
Coaching and Career changes - support for CV writing, confidence, interview skills, and support with career direction choices
Life Coaching to enhance and help you find your best version of you
Training - Anxiety, DBT skills introduction, Stress in the workplace, Self care for everyone, Mindfulness for beginners
I offer individual and group supervision to counsellors and other professions. I offer a secure, open and empathetic space for you to explore your work with your clients where you can explore any ideas and deepen your understanding of the process both for your clients and yourselves.
Online, telephone and Face to Face
Counselling (individual) - £60.00 per session (Initial Consultation - £60.00)
Supervision - £75.00 per 90 minute session
- Card Payments - Visa debit, Visa or Mastercard
- Bank transfer
NB Please check your spam / junk email box if you are waiting for a reply from me sent via this site.
Monday - Thursday - 10.00am - 8.00pm
Anxiety Store - www.anxietystore.co.uk