9 Coldbath Square
+442084401561 / 07949 398909
Hi, my name is Ruth Dines and I really do know how daunting it can be to begin therapy, but a strong and supportive counsellor can make a huge difference to your life and well-being.
Here are 7 ways I can help you as a therapist:
- I can build a strong and trusting relationship with you
- Enable you to feel heard and understood
- Help you to make sense of your feelings or understand why you are not feeling
- Enable you to become more curious about yourself so you can gain greater insight
- When appropriate challenge you, but only gently and when you are ready
- Give you a different lens through which to see your relationships and life
- Help you to feel stronger and more resilient in challenging situations, and help you to deal with difficult people.
We will work together to explore your current difficulties, looking at them through a new lens so you have greater insight and perspective. This will help you to gain a clearer sense of who you really are, and what you really want out of your relationships and life, so you can find a better way forward.
Because I know it can take time to find the right therapist I offer a complimentary 30 minute initial telephone session. This will give us the opportunity to talk about what brings you to counselling, and you can also ask any questions you may have. If appropriate we can then decide how best we can work together.
I currently work in Barnet (EN5) which offers easy links to public transport as well as in the city near Farringdon Station (EC1R).
I offer time limited, short term and open-ended sessions and you decide how long you want to be in therapy for, there is no long-term commitment.
I offer daytime and evening appointments, and I also have a small number of weekend appointments available too.
I am a fully qualified therapist and a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I trained as an integrative counsellor which means I can bring together a range of different theoretical and practical approaches, enabling me to tailor my approach and style to suit the personality and situation of each client. I am warm and down to earth, professional and supportive, curious and challenging, so I won’t just sit there and listen without engaging with you. I will offer you a safe, non- judgemental space where you can talk freely about what is troubling you.
If you are interested in working together then you can either make an appointment through my website or phone me for an initial chat and we can take it from there.
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become"
Carl Jung, Psychologist
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA Psychology with Sociology - University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Certificate in Humanistic Integrative Counselling - Gestalt Centre London
- Diploma Humanistic Integrative Counselling – CPPD London
- Advanced Diploma Humanistic Integrative Counselling – CPPD London
- CBT For Anxiety - Beck Institute Philadelphia
- CBT For Personality Disorders - Beck Institute Philadelphia
I currently volunteer as a Loss and Bereavement Counsellor at a Hospice in North London where I also co-facilitate relaxation groups for carers and patients.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Postnatal depression
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
£60.00 in Barnet
£85.00 in Farringdon.
I also offer a small number of sessions at concessionary rates for students and those on low/no income.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss appointment times/availability and also my fee structure.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer daytime and evening appointments.
Types of client