Hi, and welcome to my profile. I really do know how daunting it can be to begin therapy, but a strong and supportive counsellor can make a huge difference to your life and well-being.
Here are 10 ways I can help you as a therapist:
- I can build a strong and trusting relationship with you
- Enable you to feel heard and understood
- Help you to make sense of your feelings or understand why you are not feeling
- Help you to become more curious about yourself so you can gain greater insight into your inner world
- Help you accept those parts of yourself you may not like
- Teach you how to turn off the 'critical voice' in your head so you can become more forgiving and kinder to yourself and others
- When appropriate challenge you, but only gently and when you are ready
- Give you a different lens through which to see your relationships and life
- Help you to feel stronger and more resilient in challenging situations
- Help you manage difficult people by becoming more observant and less emotional
We will work together to explore your current difficulties, looking at them through a new lens so you have greater insight and perspective. This will help you to gain a clearer sense of who you really are, and what you want out of your relationships and life, so you can find a better way forward.
Because I know it can take time to find the right therapist I offer a complimentary 30 minute initial telephone session. This will give us the opportunity to talk about what brings you to counselling, and you can also ask any questions you may have. If appropriate we can then decide how best to work together.
I currently work in Barnet (EN5) which offers easy links to public transport.
I offer time limited, short term and open-ended sessions. You decide how long you want to be in therapy for, there is no long-term commitment.
I offer daytime and evening appointments.
I am a fully qualified therapist and a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I trained as an integrative counsellor which means I can bring together a range of different theories and practices so I can tailor my approach and style to suit the personality, background and life situation of each client. I am warm and down to earth, professional and supportive, curious and challenging, so I won’t just sit there and listen without engaging with you. I will offer you a safe, non- judgemental space where you can talk freely about what is troubling you.
I am a tutor at CPPD Counselling school where I teach the Diploma in Integrative Counselling and I also volunteer as a Loss and Bereavement Counsellor at a local Hospice where I co-facilitate relaxation groups for carers and patients.
I also run corporate training workshops on Managing Stress & Anxiety and Building Resilience.
If you are interested in working together then you can either make an appointment through my website or phone me for an initial chat and we can take it from there.
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become"
Carl Jung, Psychologist
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA Psychology with Sociology - University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Certificate in Humanistic Integrative Counselling - Gestalt Centre London
- Diploma Humanistic Integrative Counselling – CPPD London
- Advanced Diploma Humanistic Integrative Counselling – CPPD London
- Essentials of CBT - Beck Institute Philadelphia
- CBT For Anxiety - Beck Institute Philadelphia
- CBT For Personality Disorders - Beck Institute Philadelphia
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£70.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
£70.00 in Barnet
Please feel free to contact me to discuss appointment times/availability and also if required concessionary rates I can offer.
I offer daytime and evening appointments.