Rushden Mind offers services to children, young people and adults to prevent mental disorder and offers provisions for rehabilitation to those suffering from poor mental health or emotional distress. This is currently done through many methods including counselling, activity groups, psycho-educational courses, support groups, 1-1 mentoring and emotional support.
We are continually evolving to offer a wide range of services that support individual and community wellbeing including: -
- Promoting positive mental health and wellbeing of the population
- Preventing mental health problems for those in risk
- Supporting the mental health and wellbeing of service users using the recovery and enablement approach to enable them to live as independently as possible.
Rushden Mind provides specialist services that are available to people when they need them including but not limited to: -
- People with a Physical and Mental Illness
- Neuro-Developmental Disorders
- Individuals with Substance Misuse Problems
- Individuals Who Require Complex and More Intensive Psychological Support
- Individuals with an Eating Disorder
- Individuals with Mental Health Needs & Involved in the Criminal Justice System
- Survivors of all forms of abuse
- Individuals managing chronic illness such as diabetes, fibromyalgia.
Rushden Mind have a large extensive team of counsellors, therapists and psychotherapists working from a range of modalities that include person-centred, integrative, CBT, and many more.
Our counselling provision is not time-limited and can be offered for as long as the client needs support, plus there are a variety of additional services available.
- Counselling services to people aged 11+, over 6 days per week, including 4 evenings to 9pm.
- Activity Groups, including Peer Support Groups, Depression & Anxiety, Art Group and Craft Group etc.
- Psycho-educational courses including Self-Esteem, Anger & Stress Management, Assertiveness, Self-Harm Awareness plus more...
Training, qualifications & experience
Cheif Executive Sherry Adams, who over sees the management and delivery of services holds a BSc(Hons) Psychology and Counselling and MSc Counselling both from Univeristy of Northamptonshire and is an Individual Member (MBACP) of BACP.
Member organisations *
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling we deal with
Fees are from £10 - £30 per session, accordingly to affordability and agreed during the assessment.
Contact - click here to send an email.
Call us on: 01933 312800