I have worked for 30 + years with families, couples and individuals & have extensive experience in this area of work.
- Is this a time you are considering what's ahead of you, maybe you are thinking about what changes you want?
- Curious if there is more you could embrace in life?
- Struggling to see why your partner thinks the way they do, not sure they hear what matters to you?
- Sad the relationship has ended, reflecting what leads you to be apprehensive about considering a relationship? Curious if you/they can change?
- Is work a challenge, looking for more? Sad about the lack of intimacy?
- You can hear that others manage their lifestyle but recognise that depression/anxiety looms within you?
- Do you want more in your life… or maybe there are other questions?
I have a passion to see our lives bring about change, and find new ways of embracing life.
I work with couples, individuals, families and young people. I also work with intimacy issues related to sexual issues. I worked for Relate (11 years) just ending with them in 2018. I have work for Mind for 4 Years, who subcontract IAPT work. I am trained in CBT, qualified & experienced in couple counselling, psychosexual therapy. I utilise mindfulness and meditation.
Having been a CEO for over 15 years I am aware of the challenges of stress and trained in the management of conflict and stress advising. Also having trained as a qualified Mediator (FMCA), I am mindful of the impact of relationship breakdown.
I live approximately 3 minutes’ walk from Goodmayes Station, which is on the Stratford/Liverpool street TFL line, there is one bus (EL3) from Barking Station, or on a bus route from Gants Hill Station on the central line (150 & 128).
I am on the Accredited Register of the Professional Standards Authority, Accredited with COSRT and ACC.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Couple Relate Counsellor (2008)
- Mindfulness and Mindfulness Train the Trainer (2008-2015)
- Psychosexual Therapy Level 6 (2014-16)
- Family therapy training (2010-13)
- Short term brief therapy (2003)
- Stress advisor ISMA (2011)
- Diploma in CBT (2014)
- Certificate in CBT (2013)
- BA (Hons) 2003
- Anna Freud training with teen parents (2008)
- CMI level 5 Diploma in Management (2005)
- Cert & Master practitioner NLP (2004)
- Sexual abuse training (1992)
- Child Counselling Certificate with Margot Sunderland (2012)
- Certificate in Counselling (2004),
- Initial training in Counselling (1986)
- Diploma in Counselling psychodynamic training (2009)
- Supervision Studies (2003)
- CBCAP level 6 Supervision (2017)
- Foundation for Infant Loss (2018)
Having qualified & practised as a Relate counsellor I am used to offering relationship and couple counselling. I have also trained as a Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic programming and trained to certificate level in Solution Focused Therapy and also in CBT.
I have worked in both the voluntary and statutory sector. I also am a supervisor and trainer for Youth and Community Students and Parenting trainer for couples who are going through the courts and separating.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Fees are £50 for couples and individuals.
If on a low income, some lower cost sessions available during the day (9.30-5pm)
Families: on request.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available daytime: Mon, Wed, Thurs and Friday. Evening appointments are Monday-Thursday. No weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I trained as a supervisor with the University of Canterbury in 2003, updating my qualification with CPCAB level 6 in 2017.