Hello and welcome.
Are you looking for a safe, confidential space to explore your thoughts, feelings and experiences in a non judgemental environment?
Then I may be able to help by building a genuine, caring relationship as the foundation for you to explore your problems, identify your strengths, allow your natural resilience to emerge and make you feel more whole.
Sometimes in our lives all of us feel we need to make changes, whether that is caused by discomfort, distress or pressure from other people. The path to change can be difficult to navigate without help. I support you in developing practical strategies to meet your needs, no matter what your current struggles.
I am a registered counsellor and hold a supervision certificate. I have a wide variety of counselling experience, including working with bereavement and loss in a hospice, working with young people at a college, as a supervisor and co trainer of counsellors as well as running a successful private practice, mindfulness and anxiety management courses. I have also had twenty years experience as a nurse.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I hold an Advanced Diploma and a Certificate in Counselling
- I am a registered member of the BACP and practice within their ethical framework
- I hold a BPS certificate in supervision
- I have regular supervision of my practice from another experienced therapist
- I attend regular continuing professional development courses
- As well as my private practice I work as a counsellor in a hospice
- I have worked as a college counsellor at a local sixth form college.
- I assist in the training of student counsellors on the Advanced Diploma in Counselling.
- I also provide group and individual supervision for counsellors, students and nurses.
- I run courses in anxiety management and mindfulness.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I use an integrative approach tailored to meet your needs and wants.
We may use mindfulness if this is helpful.
I am experienced at working with both adults and adolescents.
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
- £45 per one hour counselling session
- £35 for students and student counsellors
- £50 per 90 minute supervision session
When I work
Daytime and evening sessions available.