I know that words do not always capture our lived experience. As an arts therapist, I am passionate about how creativity can help facilitate health and well-being, connecting one’s mind, body and spirit. I work with individuals and with groups.
I have worked as Dramatherapist for over fifteen years, with an embodied and felt-sense approach that helps individuals to explore:
- through movement - connecting with your body
- with imagery and metaphor - by making art, stories or writing
- by projection - choosing objects, masks or props
- or by talking
I have supported people from diverse cultural backgrounds who are struggling with a range of mental health issues, childhood trauma, as well as people engaged in periods of change in their lives.
Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
EMDR therapy relieves the symptoms and emotional distress that can result from disturbing life experiences and past traumas. I have extensive experience of working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse and domestic abuse. It is recommended for the treatment of PTSD by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
I offer a safe and confidential space facilitating our work in a structured and playful way to accommodate your individual needs. How we work together will be unique and evolve over time. Our work together may be focused and short term (eight weeks) or it may need a longer, on-going timescale. We will review our work regularly to see what has developed on the therapeutic journey.
Creative Supervision and Training
I am a qualified Supervisor offering clinical supervision to counselors, therapists, artists or body workers; individually or in groups. I offer a reflective space for the supervisee to explore their practice experientially in an embodied and felt sense or by using various art forms.
I devise and facilitate bespoke experiential training and workshops for counselors and therapists and for artists who use their art form with community groups.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am registered as a Dramatherapist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and abide by their ethical framework. I have an Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision (NCS accredited). I am a trained EMDR therapist, a member of EMDR UK & Ireland and working towards accreditation.
I am committed to my ongoing professional development and have completed relevant training that enables me to work skillfully and sensitively with different people.
I am an intuitive and reflective Dramatherapist and have worked with diverse people including:
- women who have experienced complex trauma from domestic abuse and childhood sexual abuse
- children and young people with challenging behaviour, who are ‘looked after’, have complex attachments or who have been bereaved
- adults with mental ill health who have been diagnosed with: dual diagnosis, borderline personality disorder, psychosis, schizophrenia and eating disorders
- young people and adults with learning difficulties
- older people with dementia
I have also worked in the following settings:
- the third sector - Women's Aid, foster care agencies, care homes, therapeutic artists community and arts projects within the community
- the NHS public health sector - psychiatric hospitals, a medium secure unit and a community learning difficulty team
- the education sector - special schools, colleges, pupil referral units and youth projects
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Dramatherapy – sixty minute session £40
EMDR Therapy - ninety minute session £50
Creative Supervision – ninety minute session £45
Concessionary rates are available, please ask
Group Work Fees are by arrangement:
- Training, Workshops or Courses - experiential and interactive sessions tailored for your needs
- Dramatherapy Groups - for counsellors, arts therapists, clients etc
- Creative Supervision - for groups, teams etc
If you have any questions about Dramatherapy, concessionary rates or want to arrange an Initial Meeting please email, text or phone me.
My dedicated Yoga practice and regular classes in the community has sharpened my sensitivity to how we carry our stories in our bodies. Being present and mindful has especially helped in my work with people who have experienced complex trauma.
I have been a playback performer for over fifteen years. Playback is a form of improvised theatre that immediately ‘plays-back’ the audience’s stories using drama, music and poetry. This practice reminds me how 'the personal is also political' and how ‘being witnessed and heard’ can bring about transformation within communities. I am an Accredited Playback Theatre Trainer (www.playbackcentre.org) and a member of the International Playback Theatre Network.
In Wales I am a co-founder and performer with The Golden Thread Playback Theatre company and work with Hijinx Theatre.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently work in Carmarthen and near Cardigan.
Types of client