Dr Ruth Rose - Clinical Psychologist
...CBT and ACT based psychological therapy.
I am an experienced Clinical Psychologist specialising in adult mental health problems including anxiety, depression and psychosis recovery, offering therapy sessions via zoom.
My approach: I work in a practical and direct way with the issues you bring. I find it helpful to use worksheets and images to help build psychological understanding and explanations of the problems you experience. Once we develop a picture together of the current problems we think about strategies to help lead to change.
- I am able to help with a range of issues from mild concerns to complex and enduring mental health problems.
- I am an HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist.
- I work both in specialist NHS mental health services and in private practice. I have experience of working in NHS therapeutic and psychological services since 2004.
As a clinical psychologist I am trained to use a variety of therapy and psychological techniques.
- The main model I use is CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- I also use ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) and Behavioural therapy
I work collaboratively and flexibly with my clients in order to develop a personal and tailored understanding of their issues, a treatment plan and therapeutic work.
Training, qualifications & experience
The issues I specialise in:
I have worked within primary, secondary care and specialist NHS services as a psychologist. I therefore have good experience of working with a range of psychological difficulties including: anxiety, depression, feeling sad, low self-esteem, phobia, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), panic and panic attacks, generalised anxiety disorder (GAD), distressing thoughts, experiences of paranoia and suspicious thoughts, unusual or odd experiences, bipolar disorder and psychosis.
In my NHS post I provide specialist psychological input to an adult community mental health service for individuals with complex, enduring mental health problems and psychosis. I also develop and deliver training to staff teams on mental health issues and supervise trainee clinical psychologists.
- I work with the issues that people want to bring and feel are important to them
In the first session we will discuss what you want to get from therapy, current issues and make a plan for future sessions.
It is important to find the right fit for you. Please feel free to email/phone/text me to discuss your needs and requirements. I offer a free telephone consultation to answer any questions and help you decide on the next steps.
Qualifications and accreditations
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, DClinPsy (University of London) - 2012
- PGCert, CBT Family Interventions in Psychosis (Kings College London) - 2020
- Psychology BSc (hons) (University of Wales)- 2003
- Registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Family and carer support in psychosis
- Initial telephone consultation - 15 minutes - free
- Online sessions (Zoom)
- Insurance clients: I am registered with - AXA PPP healthcare, Aviva, Vitality Health, WPA, Cigna. Costs will depend on the insurer and policy.
Online via Zoom - Day and evening slots