Dr Ronan McSorley Verified Professional Verified Professional
Verified Professional

Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.

About me

I am a Clinical Psychologist who can help you with problems such as sadness, worry, obsessive thoughts, extreme mood swings, unusual experiences, hearing voices and reactions to trauma.

Sometimes people come to see me for reasons that are difficult to put into words but involve deep existential themes they need to explore.

I am sensitive to issues affecting people who come from oppressed groups and welcomes those from the LGBTQ+ community.

I identify as a cisgendered, straight, white man and use he/him/his pronouns.

Training, qualifications & experience


Professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
Master's Degree in Clinical and Health Psychology (MSc)
Degree in Psychology (BSc)

Registration with Professional Bodies

Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered
Chartered member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)


I have experience working in various NHS settings including: multidisciplinary community mental health teams, child and adolescent mental health services, older adult mental health teams, inpatient wards and specialist psychosis services. I have worked with all ages and helped people with a wide range psychological difficulties.

Member organisations

Registered / Accredited

Registered / Accredited

Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.


Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)

The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.

They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.

Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.


£110.00 per session

Concessions offered for

  • Low income
  • Keyworkers
  • OAPs
  • Students
  • Unemployed
  • Refugees

Health Insurance/EAP

  • Aviva
  • Vitality

Additional information

I offer flexible scheduling to make therapy convenient and easy. Get in touch if you have any questions or would like to arrange a free no-obligation 15-minute telephone consultation.

Sessions cost £110 per session. I have a reduced fee scheme for those on low incomes. Enquire for details.

Accepted insurance plans include: AXA PPP, Aetna Global Benefits, Aviva, Vitality.

When I work

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Further information

I am a clinical psychologist which means I have completed extensive training and am able to draw on a wide range of psychological knowledge.

I offer both short-term and long-term therapy. I will give you a space to explore your thoughts and feelings without judgement. Together we will think about your past experiences and present circumstances. My aim is to help you become your true genuine authentic self.

Muswell Hill, London, N10

Type of session

In person

Types of client

Older adults

Key details

Wheelchair user access

Wheelchair user access

Wheelchair-accessible premises should have step-free access for wheelchair users and individuals who are unable to climb stairs. If a Counsellor's premises aren't step-free, they may offer alternative services such as telephone/web-based appointments, home visits, or meeting clients in different location, so you can choose the option that suits you best.

You can contact the Counsellor to discuss the options available.

Under the Equality Act 2010 service providers have a duty to make reasonable adjustments to ensure that individuals with disabilities can access their service. You can read more about reasonable adjustments to help you to access services on the CAB website.