Romy Graichen MBACP, BSc Psychology, Dip TA
I have a genuine interest in helping people lead happier, more fulfilled lives. My passion for working with people to overcome difficulties, traumas and personal crises led me to study Psychology, Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy and Counselling. I have worked in Pastoral Care, as well as Counselling for over 12 years. I have also taught Personal Development to Psychology undergraduates at Manchester Metropolitan University as an Associate Lecturer.
I have vast experience of supporting clients with mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, including suicidal thoughts and feelings, as well as the effects of abuse, stress and bullying. I support clients with health related issues, including pregnancy and birth, fertility issues, miscarriage, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME and cancer. I also work with families and partners of those affected by health and mental health issues.
I offer respectful and impartital couples counselling and support in exploring relationship issues, including separation and divorce, affairs and betrayal and pre-nuptial counselling.
I am very experienced in helping children and young people deal with child related issues, abuse, self-harm and bullying. Children who struggle with parental separation or other family issues might need extra support in dealing with life's up-and-downs. If you would like to find out more about how I may be able to help you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to working in private practice, I also work for a national counselling charity for children and young people where I provide support and training and supervision to counsellors.
What you can expect from me
Integrity, honesty, and respect are really important in my counselling work. I provide a highly confidential and ethical counselling service. I see therapy as a joint venture – where we both take equal responsibility for our part in getting to where you want to go. Together we decide on a way forward. We can work towards a positive change together. The therapy process may be challenging and difficult at times, it may be exhilarating and uplifting, too. I can be there, so you will not be in it alone. I can teach you some simple psychotherapy concepts and models to help you gain a better understanding of yourself. With increased self-awareness, you can stop behaviours that no longer serve you and replace them with healthy ones for a more fulfilled life.
If you would like to know more or you want to make an appointment please contact me on 0759-0757-834 or email email@example.com
I see clients face-to-face or online, via Skype and instant messaging.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling Person-Centred Skills
- Listening to Children and young people
- EFT (Pract) Level I and II
- Reiki Level I and II
- Certificate in Couples Therapy (The Couples Institute)
- Domestic Violence Training
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Somatic Trauma Therapy (Babette Rothschild)
- Working with suicidal children and young people (NSPCC)
- Safeguarding children and young people (NSPCC)
- Working with couples and families (Gestalt therapy)
- Training the Trainer
- Working with children on the autistic spectrum
- Understanding Neurodevelopmental Conditions and Sensory Processing Conditions
- Sexual Abuse in Childhood Training
- Working with Anxiety
- EFT Level III
- Deep State Repatterning
- Inner Repatterning
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Serious Illness
- Work-related issues
- Traumatic Incident Debriefing
- Death and terminal illness
Individual sessions last for 50 min and is charged at £55.
Couples sessions can either last for 1 hour and 30 min and is charged £90, or will last 50 min for £55. We can agree together which is the most suitable for you.
Group Sessions last for 2 hours and is charged at £45 per person.
I offer flexibility where people are on low incomes, so please enquire.
I also offer psychotherapy and counselling workshops, as well as training to schools, public organisations and private sector companies. Please get in touch if you'd like to know more.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|