Roddy Macdonald - Talk2 Counselling MBACP
"Rarely can a response make something better. What makes something better is connection." By Brené Brown
HELP! Who do I Talk2? We've all been there at various times in our lives, I know I have, many times and it's at these difficult times in your life when you seek help from a therapist.
Are you searching through all the bio's of various counsellors, trying to decide which method or which counsellor 'is the right one'? Let me help put your mind at ease, it's not about which is the perfect model of counselling, it's about the relationship and the connection!
I believe that because of my own traumatic past and the issues I have had to face up to and deal with, that I am perfectly positioned to be able to fully empathise and connect with you on a deep, fully accepting and helpful level.
I believe in the power of change, I believe that as we seek the truth about our past and our present difficulties, that the truth helps to set us free from our past trauma's and present issues in our lives. There is a direct correlation between freedom and truth. To find your freedom, you must first discover the truth in your situation'. Let me help you discover that truth that can help to set you free.
I have been through so much 'stuff' in my own personal life and had to face so many difficult issue that there are time when I wondered if I would ever pull through. However I can honestly say that counselling has quite literally changed my life, the training, the peer support, the individual personal counselling, the personal study have all had such a massive impact on me and as a result I am hugely passionate about counselling and the changes it can make in peoples lives and because counselling has had such an impact on me, I am completely convinced that it can also help you to help yourself in a calm, totally accepting, supportive and non-judgmental way.
Training, qualifications & experience
I started my transformational journey into counselling in 2000 and was hooked! I can't get enough of training and courses and have over the years been on many many courses and CPD days.
For those of you who like to know which model I use, my model is integrative and I have received training on the following models:
- REBT (Reactive Emotive Behavioural Therapy)
- Gestalt therapy
- TA (Transactional Analysis)
- Person Centred
The following is a list of some of the courses that I have completed:
- Advanced Certificate in Christian Counselling based on Egan/Larry Crabb/Selwyn Hughes models.
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Working with Depression
- Working with Sexual abuse
- Working with the neurobiology of trauma
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- The importance of attachment in recovery
- Alongside grief and loss
- Working with anger
- Avoiding burnout
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
- Applied Suicide Intervention Training
- Trust and betrayal
- Borderline personality disorders
I have worked in a variety of settings including a mental health drop in centre for adults with severe and enduring mental illness, a generic counselling service, a church based counselling service and my own private practice. As well as standard generic counselling I can also offer Christian counselling to those who would seek that.
I am a member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and abide by their code of ethics.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
My fees are:
- Individuals: £50.00 per hour. (I have limited availability sessions available for those on a tight budget at £40.00 per hour.
- Couples: £60.00 per 1½ hours.
- Supervision: £30.00 per hour (£40 per 1.5 hours).
I may be able to travel to you within East/West Sussex providing I can hire a suitable counselling room and my travel costs are covered as an addition to my fee.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My current availability is
- Saturday mornings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am currently undertaking a supervisors course and have over 12 years experience dealing with issues on the more severe scale such as Rape, Trauma, PTSD, Severe depression and Mental illness, Schizophrenia, Bi-polar disorder, Eating disorders, Munchausen syndrome, spiritual abuse, mental abuse, physical and sexual abuse to name but a few. .