I am a fully qualified and insured Counsellor and Psychotherapist based in the Slad Valley / Uplands part of Stroud. I am a member of the BACP and adhere to their ethical framework.
My approach is Integrative with a person-centred core and drawing on the following theories; psycho-dynamic, transactional analysis, systemic and relational approaches.
I offer Couples Therapy and Individual Therapy; both long and short term.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Undertaking a Diploma in Couples Therapy Training with Relate
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and Psychotherapy (CPCAB)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Certificate in Listening Skills (CPCAB)
- Diploma in Auricular Acupuncture
- Body Acupuncture (ATCM)
Prior to working as a counsellor and psychotherapist I worked as a natural health practitioner combining various natural healing modalities, with a main focus on acupuncture and bodywork; I found then and continue to find now the correlation between somatic responses (bodily felt responses) and the emotional self to be both fascinating and inspiring.
I have an avid interest in Trauma and have worked within CAMHS (Child and Adult Mental Health Services) working with young people who have experienced complex trauma and abuse. I also work in a male prison with offenders who are surviving complex trauma and abuse. My CPD tends toward learning about trauma recovery.
I am currently embarking on a year long relationship post qualification with Relate and work within Relate doing couples counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- £40 per therapuetic hour (Individuals)
- £50 per therapeutic hour (couples)
- Free first half hour session to get a feel for whether we can work together
- Limited concessions are available - please contact me to discuss.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 9am - 5pm
Types of client