Robert Fogg MSc REBT BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behaviour Therapist
Hello I am an experienced and professional BABCP accredited Cognitive Behaviour Therapist offering effective treatment for a range of emotional difficulties. I have over 20 years full time experience working in the NHS in clinical practice. I am also trained in EMDR which can be used to treat PTSD.
I have extensive experience in treating:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Hoarding Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- Social Phobia
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Low self esteem
- Anger management
What I offer:
- High quality professional structured CBT assessments and treatment using appropriate measures, models and strategies
- Clearly agreed client therapy goals and out of session work
- Relapse prevention plans
- Booster sessions if required
- Free 15 minute phone screening appointment to see if CBT is for you (these need to be booked via email)
What I don't offer:
- Unstructured long term therapy without clearly defined problems and agreed goals
My aim is for the client to become their own therapist. Sessions are structured and clear with achievable realistic goals negotiated at the initial assessment session. I have an office in Surbiton, Surrey to see clients face to face and can also offer both phone and on line treatment. I am fully insured (personal indemnity and public liability) and receive regular clinical supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
Since 2006 I was employed as a Senior Cognitive Behaviour Therapist at the Trustwide OCD/BDD Service at Springfield Hospital London specializing in the treatment of complex anxiety disorder. This role included clinical supervision of CBT Therapists, Medical Staff and Mental Health Nurses. I now work part time for SWLSTG in a specialist role assessing and treating Hoarding Disorder.
My core training as a Mental Health Nurse commenced in 1994. I completed my Diploma in Nursing (Mental Health Branch) in 1997 at Kingston University and St Georges Medical School gaining a distinction. My post graduate training was at Goldsmiths College University of London where I was awarded an MSc in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy in 2003.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
Sessions and standard assessments are of 50 minute duration and cost £75, cash, cheque or BACS payment accepted (prior to the session) .
Skype and phone sessions are the same cost. Half length interim phone and Skype sessions are £37.50.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I run a clinic each Wednesday between 8.30am- 8.30pm. Last session is 7.30pm. I can be emailed at any time and will respond within 24 hours.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|