Rob Stroud (MBACP; PGCAPP; L.Th) - Haven Counselling And Coaching
Are your thoughts, feelings or habits getting you down? Are you are feeling stuck but want to make positive changes in your life? I help people move forward by listening very carefully for both the obvious and hidden aspects of their struggles. I'm careful to help you find immediate ways of managing things better as well as getting better at helping you get to the root problems.
Click on my website, www.havencounselling.co.uk, for a clearer picture of how I can help you.
I offer particular services for helping with
- Generalised Anxiety
- Panic disorders
- Social Anxiety
- Low Mood and Depression
- Relationship Insecurity and Conflict
- Break-ups and Divorce
- Workplace bullying/stress
- Loss of Purpose / Direction
- Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Midlife and Aging Issues
- Men's Therapy / Masculinity Issues
- Coaching for Change (see website)
It can feel daunting taking the step of contacting someone for help. It can feel embarrassing asking for support. We understand that. We also know how many clients wish they'd only come earlier. You are welcome to call (no obligation) to make an enquiry or, just send a message via here or via my website. No question is too silly. Take that first step today.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications: I’m trained and fully-qualified in ‘Psychodynamic’ counselling and also in ‘Applied Positive Psychology’ with the University of East London. Both models are very useful for counselling and coaching.
- DIPLOMA in PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC COUNSELLING (Accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- POST-GRAD CERTIFICATE in APPLIED POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY (University of East London)
- BA (Hons.) French
- POST-GRAD CERTIFICATE in EDUCATION
- Training in: TIME-FOCUSED THERAPY (including theory and skills drawn from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Brief Solution-Focused therapy; Cognitive Analytical therapy; Transpersonal Therapy)
- Training in: ASSESSMENT of CLIENTS FOR COUNSELLING
My work has involved me helping clients from different backgrounds. I have worked with men and women, older and younger. I have helped people with all sorts of issues from social anxiety, depression, suicidal feelings, gender dysphoria, struggles with self-worth, through to self-confidence issues and family and relationship problems.
Membership Of Professional Bodies:
- BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Male Psychology Network
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
All sessions are £35-£50 (charged on a sliding scale depending on your budget)
(Should you choose not to continue your initial enquiry session will only be £20)
You can call free-of-charge for an initial chat to see how I may help.
To find out specifically about Coaching for Change go to: https://havencounselling.co.uk
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Online therapy will be coming soon to help those unable to get here in person.
Some evening sessions are currently available (often between 6pm and 9pm). Message me or check my website's 'Book Now' button for availability.
Types of client