Ro Bolland, MBACP Accred, BA (Hons), P.G. Dip. Couns. Skype, Zoom, Phone
Hello and welcome. We live in unprecedented times during this outbreak of Coronavirus and many of us have felt more anxiety and panic than usual. If that is the case for you, please feel free to contact me - via phone or online to explore if some supportive counselling would be helpful.
Maybe you are having a tough time otherwise? - feeling sad or anxious, struggling to resolve issues which are hindering you, or perhaps experiencing relationship difficulties. Please contact me for a free introductory half hour session.
My name is Ro and I am trained in several psychological therapies which I use in an integrative way to best suit your individual needs.
I am experienced at helping with:
- low self-esteem and self-confidence
- depression & sadness, generalised anxiety disorder & panic attacks
- difficulty in relationships including family conflict
- traumatic life experiences including illness, bereavement and loss
- being stuck in unhelpful patterns of behaviour or addiction
I practice from my consulting room in Avening, Gloucestershire (near Tetbury, Stroud, Cirencester and Nailsworth) and provide a non-judgemental, supportive space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings.
If you think you are interested in counselling, I am happy to arrange a consultation session - at no obligation - to discuss what you would like to achieve. If you feel you would like to continue with counselling after this, we can agree what is most appropriate for you.
I am an Accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) and adhere to their code of practice and ethics. www.bacp.co.uk.
Training, qualifications & experience
Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling - UWE (University of the West of England) BACP Accredited. I also have a CPCAB Certificate in Counselling from SGS (South Gloucestershire College), a Certificate in Psychometric Assessments (Talent Q) and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).
I have also undertaken specific training in:
- Family Liaison
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Children and Family Safeguarding
- Maternal Mental Health
- Eating Disorders
- Sexual Identity and Gender
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narcissistic Traits and Emotional Abuse
I am a Staff Counsellor within the NHS in Bristol, and have previously worked within the Gloucestershire NHS IAPT Let's Talk Team, counselling and facilitating various psycho-educational groups since 2011.
I have also been a Course Trainer at the University of Bristol since 2017, helping both staff teams and individual students to understand general mental health issues through to more serious and specific mental health conditions.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
My fees are:
Free initial 30m consultation.
£50 per 60 minute session
I also have a limited number of concessionary spaces, please ask.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings between 5.30 and 7.30
Thursdays and Fridays daytimes and evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|