Richard Szklaruk - Counsellor
As a therapist I offer both Person-Centred and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (often referred to as CBT).
I do not offer advice, tell you how to think or provide answers. I offer my Clients the opportunity to develop greater personal awareness and to assist with the exploration of personal distress in a place of safety.
The use of Humanistic and Cognitive interventions are offered to help you find a route to improved personal function and the adoption of robust coping strategies that are realistic.
My therapeutic work is tailored towards helping you to function when faced with the challenges and stresses of daily life. I believe that personal distress can be beaten and that a route to recovery exists for everyone.
My therapeutic work includes:
- Obsessive/Intrusive thoughts
- Stress related issues
Private Counselling is offered in Scunthorpe (Town center location). This is an appointment only service available Weekday evenings (after 5pm) and Saturdays. I am currently unable to offer earlier weekday appointments due to continuing work commitments.
Lastly, please be aware that my counselling work is not generic and therapy is tailored to suit your individual needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Degree in Counselling Studies
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, CBT
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
Training & CPD
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Autism Awareness & Therapeutic Skills Training
- Trauma and the Body: Dissociation & Somatisation Training
- Dissociation & DID: The Fundamentals
- Working with Adult Survivors of Dysfunctional Families
- Transactional Analysis – Concepts & Methodology
- Working from a Humanistic Perspective in a Time Limited Context
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Lone Worker
- PSTS/Conflict Management
- MHFA for the Armed Forces Community
- Information Governance Training
- Infection Control Training
- Fire Control Training
- Substance Misuse Awareness - NCFE
- Self Harm Awareness & Skills Training
- Working with Problem Gambling (GamCare)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Member of the British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapists (MBACP)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Photos & videos
Private Clients : Sessions will incur a cost a fee of £35 (paid at the end of each session)
For Employers, Organisations & EAP : The fee is £50 per session
Counselling appointments are usually 50 minutes and 1:1 counselling.
I work with Adults only.
I do not offer a counselling service for couples or children but I can offer a referral/signposting to a Therapist who will offer this service to you in the Scunthorpe area.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Private appointment service. Weekday Evenings & Saturdays (0900 - 1700 hrs)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|