Richard Szklaruk - Person-Centered, CBT & ACT Therapist
I offer Person-Centered Therapy (PCA), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I do not offer advice, tell you how to think or provide answers. What I do offer my Clients is the opportunity to develop improved personal awareness and to explore your personal distress in a place of safety.
This is made through the use of both Humanistic (focus on your feelings and the past) and Cognitive (your thoughts and behaviours) interventions. It's my goal as therapist to help you find a route to improved personal function, the adoption of a functioning worldview and a few robust coping strategies that are realistic.
My work as a therapist is tailored towards helping you towards improved function when faced with the challenges and stresses of daily life. I believe that personal distress can be beaten and that a route to recovery exists for everyone.
My therapeutic work includes:
- Obsessive/Intrusive thoughts
- Stress related issues
Private Counselling is offered in Scunthorpe (a Town center location) and this is an appointment only service available on Saturdays (from 9am), Mondays (from 6pm) and Wednesdays (from 12pm). I am currently unable to offer other weekday appointments due to continuing commitments.
Lastly, please be aware that my counselling work is not generic and therapy is tailored to suit your individual needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Degree in Counselling Studies
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Certificate in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
Training & CPD
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) - Advanced
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Autism Awareness & Therapeutic Skills Training
- Trauma and the Body: Dissociation & Somatisation Training
- Dissociation & DID: The Fundamentals
- Working with Adult Survivors of Dysfunctional Families
- Transactional Analysis – Concepts & Methodology
- Working from a Humanistic Perspective in a Time Limited Context
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Lone Worker
- PSTS/Conflict Management
- MHFA for the Armed Forces Community
- Information Governance Training
- Infection Control Training
- Fire Control Training
- Substance Misuse Awareness - NCFE
- Self Harm Awareness & Skills Training
- Working with Problem Gambling (GamCare)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Member of the British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapists (MBACP)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Private Clients : Sessions will incur a cost a fee of £35 (paid at the end of each session)
For Employers, Organisations & EAP : The fee is £50 per session
Counselling appointments are usually 50 minutes and 1:1 counselling.
I work with Adults only.
I do not offer a counselling service for couples or children but I can offer a referral/signposting to a Therapist who will offer this service to you in the Scunthorpe area.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Private appointment service. Saturdays (9am onwards) & Mondays (evenings) & Wednesday (12pm onwards)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|