Do I like myself? Most of the time this is a question which should be answered with a resounding 'yes', if asked to oneself every day. We all have things we'd like to change about ourselves, but on whole we all must like who we are as an individual for the majority of days to feel productive and balanced. Everyone goes through difficult and traumatic times in life, when problems and situations have overwhelmed us. Nobody is immune, that's the basic truth. These are times when we struggle to like ourselves and the individual lives we have built or come to find oneself in.
When the health of the mind, body and spirit becomes jaded and damaged through difficulties and the actions of others it can feel like the weight of the world is carried on our individual shoulders. Thoughts will become obtrusive and the internal narrative becomes too uncomfortable and unceasing. The psychological pressures that come to bare on us can make us feel like we are spiritually disconnected to the closest people around us and trapped in a negative cycle of thinking, feeling and behaving.
Based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire my holistic approach is to grow supportive and respectful relationships with my clients through understanding and trust; where you get the time, space and self- perspective to heal and grow self- esteem. Through such a relationship we can address the issues which are impeding your life; such as stress, anxiety, self-defeating behaviour, low-self esteem, addictions, trauma, relationship issues and bereavement.
Get in touch for a free consultation session.
A journey to self-discovery, personal-growth and change is often difficult; but with the right support we all have the power within ourselves to positively evolve from a darker place.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma In Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad Dip PC)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy amd Counselling Skills (Dip Hyp CS)
- Foundation qualification in Bereavement Care.
- Two years volunteer counselor with Oxford Cruse Bereavement Service.
- Two years with Time2Talk in Newbury; CAHMS Counselor
- Three years running group therapy sessions at the Ley Community, Oxfordshire.
- Three years with Positive Karma therapies as Holistic Therapist
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
Photos & videos
£60.00 for an hour session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|