Outside of my own practice I have a broad background in therapy work, including within children and adolescent mental heath services; adult mental health; substance misuse and addiction rehabilitation centres, bereavement services and forensics.
My holistic approach is to grow supportive and respectful relationships with my clients through understanding and trust; where you get the time, space and self- perspective to heal and grow self- esteem. Through such a relationship we can address the issues which are impeding your life; such as stress, anxiety, self-defeating behaviour, low-self esteem, addictions, trauma, relationship issues and bereavement.
I take the view that there is no single approach that can treat each client in all situations, so I integrate different elements of specific therapies, such as behavioural, psychodynamic, cognitive, humanistic and creative schools of thought into my sessions.
Everybody has things they'd like to change about themselves, but on whole we all must like who we are as an individual for the majority of days, to feel productive and balanced. Everyone goes through difficult and traumatic times in life, when problems and situations become overwhelming. Nobody is immune, that's the basic truth.
A journey to self-discovery, personal-growth and change is often difficult; but with the right support we all have the power within ourselves to positively evolve from a darker place.
Get in touch for a free consultation session over the phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma In Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad Dip PC)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy amd Counselling Skills (Dip Hyp CS)
- Foundation qualification in Bereavement Care.
- Two years volunteer counselor with Oxford Cruse Bereavement Service.
- Two years with Time2Talk in Newbury; CAHMS Counselor
- Three years running group therapy sessions at the Ley Community, Oxfordshire.
- Four years with Positive Karma therapies as Holistic Therapist
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
Photos & videos
£60.00 for an hour session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|