Richard Dennison. BSc Psychology (hons). Diploma Gestalt Therapy. MBACP.
The basic goal of Gestalt therapy is for the individual to attain awareness of what he is doing and experiencing. Through the process of awareness, the individual gains an understanding of himself and his environment. He/she recognizes the potential for change and his capacity to make choices, so that he may live an authentic, meaningful life.
I have worked as a Gestalt therapist since qualifying 1999 working in private practice, primary health care, two mental health charities and at University of West of England. I now work in private practice in Exeter and Bath. I work with male and female clients individually, couples and groups. I work with issues from anxiety, relationship difficulties and personality disorders. Gestalt is a holistic therapy that looks closely at contact between people, the self and environment and the process that is involved in the contact and what interrupts the contact. Please get in touch to make an initial appointment.
Please contact me to make an appointment or more information
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Diploma Gestalt Therapy
- Certificate Group Facilitation.
- Developing Effective Group Facilitation
- Introduction Group Analysis
- Conflict, Challenge and Confrontation in Groups
- Understanding Group Dynamics.
- Facilitating groups and leading teams.
- Certificate in relationship issues and couples counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Having worked in private practice, primary health care, mental health charities and at University of West of England I have had many years experience of working with a wide range of individuals presenting with a wide range of issues.
I work according to the needs of the individual and support that which is required. This may mean weekly appointments or less frequent appointments. Exploration and awareness can be very gentle and slow or more challenging.
Photos & videos
Individual therapy £40 50 minute session. Couples £50 50 minutes session
Groups ..£15 per evening group. See website.
I offer individual therapy, couples therapy and group work in Bath and Exeter. See my website for details of groups in Bath and Exeter.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Access via stairs. Willing to skype or home visit for elderly or disabilities.
Available Weekdays, evening appointments also available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|