Welcome to my page.
My commitment to clients is offering a confidential, non-judgmental therapeutic space exploring any difficulties or anxieties that are present - helping you be the best version of yourself. I work with a range of clients from 6yrs to 96yrs and have experience in many settings.
Taking that first step into counselling can be daunting, there will be no expectation on you and we would work together at your pace. Choosing the right counsellor is important, therefore I offer an initial 30 minute session for £20 for us to meet, either face to face, online or phone, thereafter my sessions are 50 minutes at £45.
I am a qualified person-centred counsellor, which means I have no agenda with how you may want to move forward in your life, I work with your values and what is important to you incorporating acceptance commitment therapy into my work.
My room is based in Bexhill-On-Sea and offer counselling either face to face in my room, online or by phone. I am BACP registered, Enhanced DBS and fully insured.
Training, qualifications and experience
I hold an FdSc degree in Person-Centred Counselling and a BSc in Person-Centred Counselling including experience with creative work incorporating this with children, adolescents and adults, I really enjoy this way of working - it is great fun.
Previous training from St Michael's Hospice in St-Leonards-On-Sea working with bereavement, as well as my current employment with the Sara-Lee Trust in Bexhill working with cancer, and palliative care.
I have experience working with adolescents in a secondary school setting, providing therapeutic support to young people from 11-16 yrs old.
Other settings I have worked in is with addiction, community based counselling working with survivors of suicide and I regularly attend supervision and continued professional development and hold liability insurance.
My pronouns are She/her.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) in Person-Centred Counselling (University of Brighton) this included working creatively which I use with both adults, child and adolescents.
- FdSc in Person-Centred Counselling (University of Brighton)
- Bereavement support worker with St Michael's Hospice and St Wilfred's Hospice, working with grief and bereavement.
- Counsellor with the Sara-Lee Trust in Bexhill-On-Sea, with clients who have a life changing illness such as cancer and palliative care.
- Volunteer counsellor with CGL in Eastbourne, working with substance mis-users using person-centred principles.
- Experience of working with young people as a school counsellor aged 11-16 years. Working with a range of complexities, including suicidal ideation and self-harm.
- Volunteer counsellor with survivors of suicide through a community based counselling service - Sussex Community.
CPD is an important part of my professional obligation to ensure I am up to date and expanding my knowledge, my most recent interests have been:
- Trauma - working with dissociation
- Bereavement and complex grief
- Working with the body using acceptance commitment therapy
- Suicide and self-harm
- Acceptance Commitment therapy with adolescents
- Acceptance commitment therapy with grief and trauma
Additionally I have supervision on a monthly basis, I am fully insured and have an enhanced DBS check.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
Concessions offered for
I offer a 30 minute initial consultation for £20, thereafter my fee is £45 for 50 minutes - short term or long term counselling.
If you would like further details about my availability, please get in touch.
Please email me for further information and availability.