I am a qualified and accredited therapist. I have been practising for the last 12 years in the U.K and abroad.
I have worked with the NHS, charity organisations as well as privately.
I work with women in every chapter of being a women.
Some of who may be experiencing symptoms of anxiety and worry whilst trying to conceive or during pregnancy. Postnatally I see women who are adjusting to their new life, who may be suffering from postnatal depression or have experienced a traumatic birth.
I also work with clients around issues such as;
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Low self-esteem
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Social anxiety
- Health anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
The main framework of my talking therapy is CBT although I do draw on the other therapies I have studied such as counselling, mindfulness and meditation. Part of my work with clients will cover gathering information from the past and developing links and understandings towards these experiences to enrich the whole CBT process.
All sessions are private and confidential.
WHAT IS COGNITIVE BEHAVIOUR THERAPY (CBT) ?
CBT has a strong focus on the present, it is based on the idea that how we think (cognition), how we feel and how we act (behaviour) all interacts together. It encourages people to become aware of when they may be creating negative interpretations of daily life and the behavioural patterns which are reinforcing this negative thinking. CBT helps you to create posItive changes and establish new healthy perspectives so you can move forward confidently.
CBT has brilliant results with all my clients, drawing on elements of Mindfulness, Metacognitive Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
"You don't have to suffer continuous chaos in order to grow" - John C. Lilly
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any queries or questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Fully Insured
- Member- British Association for Cognitive Behavioural and Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Post Graduate at London South Bank University in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Diploma - Counselling and Life Care Therapy
- Certificate - Life Coaching
- Accredited KGHypnobirthing teacher
- Accredited doula with Doula UK
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
- Availability of appointments is flexible, appointments can be organised for before or after work. - I am able to do telephone/Skype sessions - For new mums I can home visit
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|