Rhona Fear M.A. (Counselling), B.A. (Hons.), MBACP, UKCP, Cert. C.C. Relate
It takes courage to turn to a counsellor when you are feeling anxious, depressed, stressed or in conflict about what is happening in your life, but most individuals find it extremely worthwhile, and for some it is life-changing. It is very helpful to have someone who is skilled at listening attentively to your difficulties in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental way. Together at the initial session, we will agree on a way forward and I will be alongside you to offer help at every step of the way.
I have been practising as a counsellor and psychotherapist for 29 years, and have considerable experience in working with individuals going through relationship difficulties (marital/partnership conflicts, bereavement, as well as issues with children, parents, and workplace issues). I also specialise in working with individuals suffering from panic attacks and acute anxiety, and have had a book published by Karnac on this subject and a further two books on aspects of Psychotherapy.
I am trained to work using psychoanalytic theory because I think that it is important to appreciate that our past patterns that we learned as children tend to repeat in our present day adult lives. I am regarded as being very interactive with my clients, sitting face-to-face, and always work towards the development of a mutual relationship of trust, honesty and compassion. Although I am trained psychodynamically, I have also studied other modalities, so I choose to work integratively using the most suitable approach to best help with your own unique needs.
I am skilled in helping people with:
- Relationship difficulties
- The aftermath of extra-marital affairs
- Separation and divorce
- Loss of communication skills in long-term relationships
- Work problems
- Low self esteem
- Childhood abuse : emotional, physical, sexual
- Miscarriage and pregnancy issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been counselling for 29 years.
- Masters Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy (University of Keele) 1994-1996
- The Training in Contemporary Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy 1998-2004
- Relate Counselling Certificate 1990-1993
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (1st class Honours) Sociology and Political Science 1985-1990
- Long term counselling and psychotherapy
- Short term counselling
- Individual work
- Work with older adults
- BACP - Accredited member since 1999
- UKCP - Registered member since 2004
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Each session last one full hour and costs £50. Payment can be in cash, by cheque or by bank transfer.
Location : I have a dedicated consulting room on the ground floor of my cottage in Alfrick.
I am 15 minutes drive from Malvern and 20 minutes drive from the centre of Worcester.
There is easy private parking at the property.
Prior to your first appointment I will provide full directions either by telephone or by email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work from my home in a small village not far from Malvern and Worcester and there is easily accessible parking at my cottage. My consulting room is on the ground floor, and there is a cloakroom which one is welcome to use.
During the day-time on weekdays; the last appointment offered is 18.00.
Types of client