Rhona Boam, Dip Counselling, MBACP, RMN
34 West George Street
People come to Counselling for all sorts of reasons, perhaps you feel anxious, sad or depressed . It could be that you find yourself thinking about your relationships issues with partners or family or experience low self esteem. Maybe you think a lot about things that have happened in the past and find it still affecting you now.
What ever it is you are going through Counselling can offer you the opportunity to begin to come to terms with and understand your problems better. Counselling can provide an opportunity to begin to make some sense of your experiences.
The Counselling process will offer the opportunity for exploration of your current difficulties and how this might relate to your past experiences and relationships.
This process of self-exploration often results in greater self-awareness and the potential to work through unresolved issues .
My name is Rhona and I am a fully qualified Psychodynamic Counsellor and Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP.
I have over 20 years experience working and supporting people through the difficult times in their life . We will work at your pace , I won't give advice but instead we will aim to work together in understanding your experiences better.
I work from premises close to Glasgow City and Glasgow's West End .I will provide you with a comfortable, confidential space, a place where you will be heard and understood.
I offer both short term and longer term counselling. Together we can decide what best suits your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma Psychodynamic Counselling - The Garnethill Centre, Glasgow.
- Registered Member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- MBT (Mentalization Based Therapy) Basic training - The Anna Freud Centre , London.
- Counselling Skills Certificate - The Garnethill Centre , Glasgow.
- ASIST - Suicide Intervention
- Qualified Mental Health Nurse, RMN - The Royal College of Nursing and Midwifery.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Individual Counselling Session 50 mins - £45
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
afternoon and evening appointments available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|