Rhiannon Spicer Dip. Couns. Registered Member of the BACP
I am a qualified counsellor and a Registered Member of the BACP. I offer private counselling for adults and teenagers in the Sittingbourne, Teynham and Faversham area specialising in mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, panic attacks, self harm and low self esteem. I aim to support clients to find a way through their current difficulties and to build resilience and skills for the future.
I understand that life can get difficult and can cause overwhelming feelings You may feel like there is no way forward and feel unable to identify why at this point. I can offer a safe, non-judgmental and confidential space in which you can begin to make sense of whatever is troubling you.
As a counsellor, my role is to support you and help you to explore your emotions and feelings, Sessions are focused around your needs, working at your pace, safely exploring the issues you bring to your session in confidence and without fear of judgement.
Counselling can support in restoring your sense of well-being. I feel this is key in being able to move forward and lead a fulfilled and contented life. Learning to express our feelings and having someone to listen and validate our feelings can be extremely powerful and can be life changing.
I am able to offer both short term and longer term therapy, where we can either meet for a specific number of sessions or review progress regularly within an open-ended agreement, depending on your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Qualifications are:
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 3 Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
Recent CPD /extra training:
- Introductory Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate (2018)
- Working with Children with SEND Certificate (Place2Be) (2018)
- Channel General Awareness Certificate (2018)
- Safeguarding Training (Place2Be) (2018)
- Suicide Awareness Course Certificate (2019)
- Self Harm Course Certificate (2019)
- MHFA Certificate (Mental Health First Aid) (2019)
- Working with the Super Ego and Super Ego Ideal (2019)
- Trauma, the Brain and Recovery (2019)
- The Imprint (2019)
- Working with couples with gendered awareness (2019)
I am a counsellor at MMK Mind supporting Adults with mental health issues such as Anxiety, Depression and Panic Attacks.
I have also had placements in Secondary Schools working to support Teenagers suffering with anxiety, panic attacks, self harm and other mental health issues such as Depression
I hold a current DBS working with Vulnerable Adults and Children.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Fees are £40.00 for an individual session.
Concessions for students/low income £30.00
A Standard Session lasts 50 minutes at the same day and time each week.
Payment is made to myself in cash, unfortunately I do not have the facilities to take card payments.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client