10 Kelsway Estate
Hi, my name is Rebecca and I am a registered qualified counsellor. I offer one to one counselling in a peaceful, relaxing setting within my home, that is private and confidential.
I offer long-term and time-limited counselling to suit clients' individual needs and financial budgets. My location offers plenty of space for parking and is easily accessible from Grimsby and Lincoln via public transport or car. Areas such as Scunthorpe, Brigg and Immingham have a limited service via public transport.
I believe that individuals can overcome whatever is troubling them given the space and time of counselling. My employment background has been of a mental health nature, within GP practices, secure settings, hostels and housing projects helping individuals overcome difficulties within their lives. I have worked with a wide range of clients of all ages, from teenage to elderly. No matter what the issues or problems people are faced with, I greet them with a warm smile, without judgement and give them the choice and freedom to be who they want to be.
I believe that all individuals are equal and we all are entitled to the same opportunities in life no matter how big or small. Everyone has the right to live their life without the past or present getting in the way.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (with honours) in Counselling studies.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Certificate of Proficiency (COP) Manchester.
- ABC level 2 certificate in Counselling Concepts.
- Certificate in Essential Motivational Interviewing Skills.
- NFCE level 2 certificate in mental health awareness.
- Personal Aspects of Attachment Theory - The science of Family Bonds' delivered by Sir Richard Bowlby.
- Personality Disorder, Knowledge & Understanding Framework (working with Personality Disorder KUF Awareness Level) - Dr Kerry Beckley Clinical and Forensic Psychologist.
- Working with Shame: (A Gestalt Approach) Alan Leach.
- Certificate in Mindfulness - ( Developing a Peaceful Mind through Mindfulness Based Practice) June Spence.
- Safeguarding Adults - LSAB.
- Safeguarding Children - LSCB.
- Safeguarding everyone, Protecting Children, Young People, and Adults - LSAB.
- Certificate in Awareness of Domestic Violence and Abuse including the impact on Children, Young People and Adults at Risk - LSCB.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence and abuse.
- Adult survivors of domestic violence and abuse.
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual, physical and/or emotional abuse.
- Financial abuse.
- Relationship difficulties.
- Affairs and betrayals.
- Stress/work related issues.
- Bereavement, grief and loss.
- Family and friends moving away.
- Confidence and assertiveness.
- Learning difficulties/dyslexia.
- Personal and professional development.
- Identity and gender issues.
- Personality issues.
- Passive-aggressive behaviour.
- Not feeling "good enough".
- Suicidal thoughts.
- Feelings of shame, guilt or hopelessness.
- Feeling lost and detached from the world/family around you.
Photos & videos
£30 per hour for standard counselling session, concessions can be made on individual circumstances.
Student rate £25 per hour.
The governing body I subscribe and adhere to is the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy). As part of my professional practice, I am bound by the BACP's Ethical framework, which requires all of its members to attend supervision with a qualified supervisor, to participate with continuing professional development and to adhere to a set code of conduct.
A copy of the ethical framework can be found on the BACP's website which is a counsellors code of practice. You may find this informative when researching counselling and psychotherapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am fairly flexible in my availability, I offer daytime, evening and Saturday appointments for clients.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|