I'm a qualified, Integrative Therapist based in Solihull. Integrative counselling is a combined approach to psychotherapy that fuses together different modalities, specifically suited to the need of the client. The main approaches of therapy that I combine in my practice are Person Centered and CBT.
I have been working as a voluntary counsellor for 3 years for a bereavement charity at Solihull Hospital. This charity has recently won The Queens Award for Voluntary Services, and I am very honoured to be part of their team as well as Brave Ways.
I am so passionate about my work a counsellor. I am often participating in CPD's to further my knowledge, train in new methods and to stay up to date on any changes in Safeguarding and Data Protection. I feel this ensures that I am maintaining my professional standards and that my clients are getting the best possible counselling experience that I can give them.
I understand how difficult it can be to get the initial step towards seeking counselling under way; therefore finding a counsellor that you feel safe and comfortable with is essential. We will work together to overcome any issues that are creating a negative impact on your life. The only thing you have to do on your own; is be brave enough to take the first step. Be brave; make changes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Level 2 Award in Counselling Skills
- Level 1 Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Qualified to practice the Rewind Technique by IARTT- (International Association for Rewind Trains Therapy)
Certificates and Training in;
- Bereavement, loss and grief including complex grief,
- Transactional Analysis
- Autistic Spectrum
- Inner Child
- Sleep, hypnotherapy and Dream interpretation,
- Working creatively with children
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
- £45 per session
- Discount when you book a block of 6+ sessions.
- Concessionary Rates Available for NHS / Emergency services staff, Students and clients in receipt of benefits due to low income. (To be eligible for concessionary rates, proof of eligibility will be required)
- *Please note, all concessionary rates are available only upon counsellors discretion.*
Thankfully the importance of mental health is finally being taken seriously. With more and more people willing to invest in themselves and their own wellbeing, counselling services are more in demand than ever before.
It is essential when you are searching for a counselling service that you find the right one for you. Take into account not just the counsellor and their qualifications, but the location, facilities and the cost. If it is too far away from home, you may not be encouraged to go. If it is too expensive, you may not be able to afford to commit to it on a regular basis. If you have a busy life style with work or children or if you are a carer; then you need flexible options for appointment times.
Here at Brave Ways Counselling, I have tried to think of any hurdles that may prevent you from accessing this service, and have tried to accommodate as much as possible.
After reading through my information, if you feel Brave Ways is the right service for you, then visit the 'Contact' section of this website, and get in touch!
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Contact 24/7 - If you reach the voicemail then please leave a voicemail and I will call you back asap.
Types of client