Rebecca O'Dowd MBACP, PG Dip CBT.
I am a qualified psychotherapist specialising in CBT. I aim to help people manage a variety of issues using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). CBT has proven benefits for mental health. I offer one to one sessions in a therapy room and online using Skype.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or CBT is a form of talking therapy or counselling. It is endorsed by NICE and the NHS as the preferred treatment for many mental health issues. Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) I work with clients to overcome and manage a variety of mental health issues including:
- Low mood
- Generalised anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Health anxiety
- Stress management
- Relationship issues
- Abusive relationships
- Low self esteem
- Work stress
We will work together to gain a better understanding of your problem. Then using a variety of techniques and interventions we aim to reduce distress, improve quality of life and increase happiness. By learning about your condition(s) you can discover new coping strategies, which will enable to take care of yourself in the future and help prevent further set backs.
I am passionate about providing a caring, meaningful and robust therapy. I am naturally empathic, practical and down to earth, this comes across in my therapy. I aim to provide a safe and caring environment with an emphasis on helping you to achieve your goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate Counselling Skills
- Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre; Adapting CBT for Children and Young People.
- Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre; Working with Families in CBT with Young People.
- Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre; CBT for Depression in Children and Young People.
- Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre; CBT for Anxiety in Children and Young People.
- BABCP Working with Anxiety
- BABCP ABC of OCD
- BABCP PTSD Workshop
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Agored Cymru Level Two Counselling Skills
- Agored Cymru Level One Counselling Skills
My previous experience includes working in corporate stress management, NHS Primary Care and IESO online digital healthcare, a service offered by the IAPT, England. I trained to be a therapist after volunteering with the Samaritans and realising how many people are struggling and battling through everyday life.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£45 per hour
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client