Rebecca Barlow Integrative counsellor psychotherapist Adv DIP CBT MBACP
Hello, thank you for looking at my profile.
I hope you will get all the information you're looking for... if you have any questions please feel free to get in contact with me.
I am based in Westcliff. I set up my private practice 4 years ago, I wanted to offer a counselling service that was bespoke to the client, by that I mean offering a service that is right for the individual, as I feel not a one glove fits all.
I have worked as a Qualified Psychotherapist/counsellor now for over 17 years, working with individuals, couples, adolescents, families and groups.
So why choose me?
- I'm open minded, and realise the diversity and uniqueness of an individual.
- I am able to visit you at home if you are unable to visit me through either illness or disability.
- I am realistic, down to earth and never have expectations Of others, I am non judgemental.
- I am RELATE trained.
- I understand the importance of communication, and how a few small adjustments can make such a massive difference.
- I have experience of working within a school framework with young people and adolescents.
- I am experienced in family counselling, couple counselling and individual therapy.
- I have a full and updated DBS that I am happy to provide.
When did it begin?
In 1999 I began my first steps in counselling training.
Not always easy, lots of soul searching and self discovery.
Four years later I Qualified as a psychotherapist-counsellor, then I really began to learn.
For the last 13 years I have continued my personal development, learning not only from courses but from the client my journey continues.....
If you'd like to contact me, click here to email me or call my mobile 07575746444
So what can you have counselling for?
How does it work?
Counselling does not always have to be long term, sometimes a few sessions can be enough.
The beauty of private practice is the flexibility.
Counselling is unique experience. In the initial assessment session , we make sense and gain an understanding of what has brought you, identifying how we can move forward.
At the end of the session we can book another appointment, or you can go away and think about it and decide to book another time.
Where I am:
I work within walking distance of the Southend, Westcliff, and Prittlewell stations, the London Road, A13 is only a few minutes away.
At my practice I offer counselling in a safe, relaxed environment, where the client can feel at ease.
What can you gain?
Self awareness, sometimes the reason and often knowing what your choices are.
Also it helps to have
- A greater enjoyment in life
- Increased confidence
- Assertive skills
- A better awareness of who you are in the world
- better communication skills
- Able to make decisions
- Life tools and strategies for future fulfilment
- An appreciation of who you are and what makes you special
- Reflection, processing, understanding
- Inspiration and ambition
- Realising your potential
- Finding a purpose
If you'd like to contact me, click here to email me or call my mobile 07575747444.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
- AQA in CBT therapy
- stress management
- Anger management
- Self harm the facts
- Risk taking men and affairs
- Inner child work
- Bereavement and loss
- Autism awareness
- Dylexia identity
- Domestic violence interventions
- Suicide and depression
- Border Personality Disorder BPD
- Histronic Personality Disorder HPD
- Affairs and the consequencies
- LGBT therapy
I have worked within the NHS where CBT is greatly used, particularly when looking at negative automatic thoughts and ways of changing the thought processes.
This works well with panic, anxiety, worry and low self esteem.
I have years of experience Understanding teenagers, eg hormones, peer pressure, family systems, the need to belong, and body image, etc
I have run Anger management, self esteem and confidence courses.
I am a member of British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP ) and can be found on the BACP register.
I also specialise in:
- Relationship counselling
- Individual counselling
- Family and system counselling
- LGBT issues
- hoarding and coaching
- My Advanced training has covered theories such as Psychodynamic, Cognitive theories, solution focuses, person centred, Transactional Analysis, NLP. BWRT. CBT.
'Experience comes from time, its not something that can be learnt from a book'
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
problems at work
problems with parents
fear of school
fear of going mad
disagreement on parenting
quiet withdrawn child
how to end a relationship
fear of loss
how to communicate in relationships
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Group therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
Individual Therapy ........ £45.00
Couples Therapy............. £50.00
student unwaged ........... £35.00
Family Therapy .............. £75.00
I offer you a hour counselling session, however the first session may be slightly longer.
Family therapy will generally be an hour and 20/30 For family therapy I can visit you if you prefer.
days, evenings, and some weekends.
So to summarise....
Counselling is the clients and the therapist coming together to find a way forward
Sessions last an hour, occasionally slightly longer, family counselling will be longer.
The number of sessions can be as many or as few as required, and although continuity is important we can spread them out if that’s more convenient.
Counselling can help by simply being able to talk freely in a safe environment; it is often called 'The Talking cure'.
Many people internalise their problems, often not knowing where to turn, then often feeling relief on being able to share with another.
Thank you for reading my profile, if you would like to make an appointment please feel free to call me on my mobile 07575747444 or send an e-mail.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible, I work daytime mon-fri and work evenings up until 10 pm and can offer a Saturday or an occasional Sunday Safe relaxed counselling room. Genuine experienced, Central location
Types of client