Rakhi Chand, MSc, MBACP (Snr. Accred.)
Perhaps you're looking for a therapist because you're confused, down or frustrated. Or maybe something just doesn't feel right but you don't know what. Please note that I am only available until April 2018; if you'd still like to meet I'd be happy to discuss. I counsel face-to-face in East London (Aldgate) and online via Skype.
I am a senior accredited counsellor/psychotherapist, supervisor, and trainer. I have seven years of experience in the field, working in the UK and in the Netherlands.
I frequently support people through the following difficulties. This list is not exhaustive so feel free to get in touch if you don't see what you are looking for and we could discuss:
- interpersonal/relationship problems
- work-related difficulties
- feeling low or depressed
- loss - of any form
- a general feeling of dissatisfaction and/or confusion.
My website www.chandcounselling.co.uk gives more detail, including a copy of the counselling agreement that I tend to work to. Alternatively, please get in touch if you have questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
- Senior Accredited, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certified Cyber Therapist (Online Therapy Institute)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision (Counselling Xtra)
- MSc, Mental Health: Psychological Therapies (Barts and the London School of Medicine)
- BA hons, Person-Centred Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- BSc hons, Economics and Economic History (University of Warwick)
- Counselling Manager, Mind in Enfield (Apr 2018 - Sep 2018, Maternity Cover)
- Private Practice (Jun 2011 - Present)
- Editorial Board Member - World Cultural Psychiatry Research Review (Jul 2013 - Present)
- Assistant Tutor, Metanoia Institute - Person-Centred Counselling BA/Diploma (Apr 2013 - Feb 2015)
- St Bartholomew's Hospital - Cancer psychological services (Jun 2013 - Apr 2014)
- Lifeline - Addictions psychotherapy service (Jan 2013 - Dec 2013)
- Woman's Trust - Domestic abuse psychotherapy service (Jul 2009 - Oct 2010)
- MIND - General counselling service(Sep 2009 - Jun 2010)
- Metanoia Counselling and Psychotherapy Service (Nov 2008 - Nov 2009)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Having completed a Certificate in Cyber therapy I am a member of the professional body ACTO (Association for Counselling and Therapy Online), and am familiar with some of the ethical nuances of working via Skype.
Photos & videos
I charge £70 per session. I'm open to discussing a concession if needed.
The first session (or more) is for you to see if you feel comfortable with me. There is no obligation to continue beyond this so shop around if you don't! I will also be seeing if I feel I'm best placed to help you. Research consistently points to the 'click' between counsellor and client being the most important factor in the success of therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Conversational punjabi|
I work weekdays - daytime and evening.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
How I work.View supervision profile