Rakhi Chand, MSc, MBACP (Snr. Accred.)
Hello. Perhaps you're looking for a therapist because you're worried, down, stuck or frustrated. I frequently support people through such experiences - as well as the below. The list is not exhaustive.
- interpersonal/relationship problems
- work-related difficulties
- feeling low or depressed
- loss - of any form
- a general feeling of dissatisfaction and/or confusion.
The first session(s) is/are for you to see if you feel comfortable with me. There is no obligation to continue beyond this so shop around if you don't! I will also be seeing if I'm best placed to help you. Research consistently points to the connection between counsellor and client being the most important factor in 'success' in therapy.
Paying attention to professional ethics is paramount to me; therapy is my passion and vocation.
I counsel face-to-face in Leytonstone E11, and online. I'm a member of the Association for Counselling and Therapy Online; and I'm a senior accredited counsellor/psychotherapist, supervisor, and trainer. I qualified in 2011, and since then have worked in the UK and in the Netherlands. Alongside private practice, I have worked as a Clinical Lead for an NHS counselling service in North London. Finally, I'm beginning a PhD looking at diversity in healthcare leadership in October 2020, alongside working with clients.
Lastly, I write for my own blog and other online/offline outlets - more info on www.chandcounselling.co.uk. Here you could also find a copy of the Counselling Agreement that I tend to work to.
Please get in touch if you have questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training & Qualifications
- Senior Accredited, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certified Cyber Therapist (Online Therapy Institute)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Supervision (Counselling Xtra)
- MSc, Mental Health: Psychological Therapies (Barts and the London School of Medicine)
- BA hons, Person-Centred Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
- BSc hons, Economics and Economic History (University of Warwick)
- Clinical Lead of Counselling Service, Mind in Enfield (Apr 2018 - Oct 2018, Maternity Cover)
- Private Practice (Jun 2011 - Present)
- Editorial Board Member - World Cultural Psychiatry Research Review (Jul 2013 - Mar 2019)
- Assistant Tutor, Metanoia Institute - Person-Centred Counselling BA/Diploma (Apr 2013 - Feb 2015)
- St Bartholomew's Hospital - Cancer psychological services (Jun 2013 - Apr 2014)
- Lifeline - Addictions psychotherapy service (Jan 2013 - Dec 2013)
- Woman's Trust - Domestic abuse psychotherapy service (Jul 2009 - Oct 2010)
- MIND - General counselling service(Sep 2009 - Jun 2010)
- Metanoia Counselling and Psychotherapy Service (Nov 2008 - Nov 2009)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Having completed a Certificate in Cyber therapy I am a member of the professional body ACTO (Association for Counselling and Therapy Online), and am familiar with some of the ethical nuances of working in this medium.
£75 for individuals and £95 for couples.
I offer low-cost therapy groups for women. Please see www.webewomen.co.uk