Rae Manoiret MBACP Registered, PGDip
07555 298 298
I’m an established psychotherapist with 20 years experience. Im here to say “What about you?” and help you feel better whether you’re feeling sad about; relationship issues, low self esteem, anxiety, family issues, depression, separation or divorce or EAP. Therapy helps to provide a better understanding of yourself, and your options so you can get on with your life free from negative circumstances, so you are able to enjoy your potential. Men and woman visit for short or long term therapy, depending on your goals.
Whatever your difficulties, you can be assured of a warm welcome and a safe, caring environment to work together and explore them. I'm here to support you, providing a relaxed, comfortable, accepting, and informal space where you can talk in confidence, and freely express your private thoughts and feelings about any issues troubling you.
From my own experience, therapy is a relationship of trust and respect. An important part of training to become the therapist I am, is that I also spent many hours in therapy myself. This helps me to understand it’s never easy asking for help. Over the following years I made the transition from client to therapist, now, 20 years on, I combine my personal and clinical experience in my work to give you the best experience of therapy.
I am a caring, fully qualified, registered member of BACP and an established psychotherapist helping (18+) couples, students and (EAP) Employee Assistance. I have a diverse working background in Teaching, Sales, Management and Design I have a good understanding of working in these environments. Alongside my practice, I work at both universities - NTU and UON.
I have a small discreet practice in the heart (NG1) of Nottingham, to support you, providing a relaxed, comfortable, accepting, and informal space where you can talk in confidence, and freely express your private thoughts and feelings about any issues troubling you.
I provide information, strategies and support to help you to order your thoughts and find new ways to make decisions and heal and resolve your difficulties. Here are some common reason men and woman of all ages visit me for appointments.
• Relationship Issues - trust, affairs, abuse, family issues, Couples counselling
• Anxiety and Panic Attacks -is not a choice, it has a cause! Feeling worried, fearful, uneasy
• Depression, Feeling sad, Post Natal depression, or feelings of Despair or Suicidal
• Menopause, - depression, anxiety, anger, stress, work-related issues
• Family Issues, Sibling Rivalry, Parents, old Traditions, Resentment, Outcast
• Bereavement - feeling sad - Loss, Loneliness, Miscarriages, Suicide
• Divorce or Separation, Change, stress, loss, fear
• Unresolved ‘baggage’ from the past, old Hurts, Trauma (PTSD) Regrets, Feeling sad Anger,
• Work-Related, EAP (Employee assistance) - Anxiety, Stress, illness, Career changes, grievance, redundancy
• Personality struggles, Narcissistic, Passive Aggressive, Antisocial, or OCD
• Low self-esteem, low self-confidence,
• Food, weight and eating worries - Over-eatering, Bulimia, Anorexia
• Self harm, Cutting, Illness or Addiction
• Not Feeling Good Enough, work, relationships,
Just pick up the phone, we can work together from there.
I offer counselling and psychotherapy online for those who are geographically further away or find the convenience useful. Skype therapy sessions are flexible to give you the opportunity to talk about events that you have experienced in life, that now impact on the way you feel about yourself and your future.
I use a blend of Transactional Analysis, Person-Centred counselling, working creatively to help you to explore your thinking and express your feelings to overcome your problems. Intern this helps you to understand yourself, for you to know what you want to change to achieve a different outcome, positively.
I really enjoy my work. It is rewarding and a privilege to enable people to step into their own personal power, to enjoy their lives and experience personal freedom, sometimes for the first time.
When Do I see Clients?
I offer appointments at lunchtimes, afternoons, and early evenings. Monday to Thursday.
Please call to check my current availability. I will get back to you within 24 hours.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked for NHS at GP surgeries providing counselling to patients (particularly patients who were experiencing illness, anxiety and depression) and as a college counsellor working with students at a HE college. At present, I also work at The University of Nottingham (UON)and Nottingham Trent University (NTU) supporting and mentoring students. With this experience I have been privileged to work with a wide variety of people from all walks of life and all ages, especially individuals facing unwanted change in their lives, experiencing feelings of shame and sadness without a voice.
I have a diverse background in teaching, sales and design.
• PGCD - Diploma in Transactional Analysis
• Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling
• Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
• Advanced Certificate in Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Skills
I subscribe to the code of ethical and professional practice of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I work with regular supervision and am committed to my ongoing Continuing Professional Development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- £50 for Individuals (50 minutes session)
- £75 for Couples (60 minutes session)
Fee concessions available depending on circumstances.
You are welcome to contact me without obligation, for more information or with any questions you may have about your issue or psychotherapy.
I can offer you a free telephone consultation for us to talk briefly about what you are bringing to therapy.
Please enquire by telephone or email.
On street parking available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Availability - Please call for available times and dates, availability can vary at short notice.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|