Rachel Streeting BA(Hons), Face 2 Face Counselling, MBACP
The hardest part of therapy can be asking for help and admitting we need it, if you are reading this you have already made one of the hardest steps to reclaiming your mental health and personal well-being.
How counselling can help and what to expect from your sessions with me.
I can offer a safe, supportive and confidential space, where you can feel heard and understood. Time will be dedicated to your thoughts and feelings during your sessions, where you can work at your own pace to find solutions and peace through your challenging and distressing time. We will work through them together, reinforcing your inner strength and resources to alleviate anxiety, depression, feelings of being overwhelmed, whilst improving your self-esteem and achieving personal growth. I have helped to empower many clients at Mind the Mental Health Charity, through understanding and encouragement to reach solutions and goals they are happy with, both personally and with their relationships. I am a Person-Centred Counsellor at heart and therefore truly believe in being non-judgmental. I am empathic and respectful to you and your needs from therapy and will aid and support you throughout, so you can leave the counselling process happier and more content to move forward with an increased level of autonomy.
A little about me.
I first became interested in counselling whilst working in the Fire Service. Seeing first-hand the ripple effect of the emotional feelings that traumatic incidents have on all the people involved and their families, gave me the motivation to retrain as a professional counsellor. I worked at Mind in Hinckley for 5 years and started my Private Practice in January 2016. I enthusiastically seek and engage in continual professional development to enable me to improve and expand my skills and experience in an array of emotional issues. This enables me to become more effective and informed on how best to help support clients through the challenges that they can face in their lives. I adhere to the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists Code of Ethics and hold a current enhanced DBS.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Degree in Counselling (Person-Centred) at Warwickshire College/University of Gloucestershire BA (Hons)
- Foundation Degree in Counselling (Person-Centred) at Warwickshire College/University of Worcestershire
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis at Wealden Psychology Institute (TA 101)
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- 2009-2015 - Mind in Hinckley
- January 2016 - Private Practice
- Fully qualified registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- I offer short or long-term counselling and have several years of experience of working with adults of all ages on a wide range of issues
- I hold a current enhanced DBS check and I am fully insured
- £45 per 60 minute session at Hinckley
- £45 per 60 minute session at Coleshill
- £48 per 60 minute session at Kenilworth
- Initial session includes free assessment.
Please note: The Hinckley room is on the first floor and has no lift. The Coleshill room is on the ground floor and has wheelchair access. Both have a small free car park and are easy to access using a car or public transport.
Please call with any questions you may have.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer day and evening appointment times Monday-Friday. Weekend appointments considered, depending on availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|