Rachel Neilson Counselling
212A Burton Road
Throughout life we face many challenges. Life can be difficult and overwhelming at times. Talking through these experiences with a counsellor could help.
Hello and welcome. I'm Rachel. I am a trained practitioner of Person-centred counselling holding a Masters in Clinical Counselling. Person-centred counselling is a talking therapy which means we will work together to explore your feelings and experiences, at your own pace and find a way forward. The hope is that you will grow, whether that is gaining a new understanding of who you are or uncover your inner resilience and tools that we need in life to support us through difficult life events.
I work with adults on a face to face basis. I offer short-term and ongoing counselling to individuals within a warm, welcoming and confidential environment. I have worked with many individuals and I have a great deal of experience working with loss, bereavement, depression and anxiety. Also, I have carried out research relating to identity and motherhood, focusing on how a woman's sense of self can change when she becomes a mother.
I have many years experience working with vulnerable adults, and their families, and supporting them through life. This role gave me invaluable knowledge and understanding of individuals who have a learning disability.
I understand how important finding the right counsellor can be so if you have any questions that you would like to ask, please get in touch.
I am fully insured and I am a registered member of the BACP.
Thank you for reading my profile and I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master of Arts in Clinical Counselling (BACP Accredited) University of Chester.
- Registrant on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. Registration number: 376164.
- STORM Training- Skills based Training On Risk Management (Suicide prevention).
- BACP Learning programme- Working with bereaved clients.
- BACP Learning programme- Working with addition: underlying causes.
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate- Working with people with mental health needs.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
£45 per session.
Session duration is 50 minutes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Limited availability at the moment. I have Tuesday afternoons available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|