Dr. Rachel Murray MSc MBACP(Accred)
38 Havercroft Raod
Hello. My name is Rachel Murray. I have been counselling in a variety of settings for over 20 years. I've helped my clients through various personal and work challenges.
I provide a safe, non-judgemental, respectful and valuing space. I will listen, empathise, support, encourage, and work with you. I will gently challenge and reflect with you.
I will use my years of experience to offer strategies that may help you manage distressing emotions and circumstances differently.
My goal will be to help you make changes where you can, and adjust to what may not be realistically achievable. Let me help you to learn and develop healthier ways to be yourself.
I can help...
- with anxiety and depression - if you are on a waiting list for CBT I can offer you treatment without the wait.
- if you are traumatised from a one off event or events over time
- if you are bereaved or experiencing other losses.
- if you have family issues.
- if you have work related concerns.
- I offer CBT and Integrative Counselling.
- I offer Coaching to individuals and to leaders in small businesses.
- I offer Mediation where there has been a breakdown in relationships
- I offer Clinical Supervision to those who use counselling skills, and to counsellors and trainees.
Training, qualifications & experience
My training and qualifications are:
- PhD "Researching the Lived Experience of Nurses Suspended from the Workplace"
- MSc in Counselling, Goldsmiths College, London University. Prof Windy Dryden.
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling and Therapy from the Centre for Stress Management London.
- Primary Certificate in Multi-Modal Therapy, Centre for Stress Management, London
- over 50 short courses
My work experience has spanned 20 years and includes working:
- in GP surgeries,
- for the Royal College of Nursing,
- student counselling at De Montfort University,
- NHS staff counselling in Occupational Health
- EAP counselling with OHAssist.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Photos & videos
First appointment is free
My normal charge is £35 per session after the free first appointment, however concessions are available dependant on household income. Please talk to me about this.
My therapy room is separate from the house and looks out onto the garden. It is accessible for people with reduced mobility.
There is on street parking. Bus stops and a train station are 5 minutes walk.
I have a wealth of experience in workplace counselling and can offer small businesses the following
- counselling / CBT for employees,
- mediation to address broken work relationships,
- coaching for leaders
- training in stress management and in supporting staff with common mental health issues.
I can offer supervision for those using counselling skills and for counsellors.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments to suit you. I can be available evenings and weekends as well as usual office hours.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|