Dr Rachel Edwards BSc(Hons), MSc, DClinPsy.
I have worked as a Clinical Psychologist for over eleven years (in NHS and independent practice) helping individuals to better understand their difficulties, find ways to lessen those difficulties, and improve overall psychological wellbeing.
I am experienced in working with a variety of difficulties, including:
- Anxiety problems
- Depression and low mood
- Trauma-related difficulties (including PTSD)
- Personality disorders
- Anger & emotional regulation
- Sleep problems
- Complex or severe mental health difficulties
Additionally, I have considerable experience in working within forensic settings, and have expertise in the assessment of risk and mental health amongst offenders.
Based in Bedfordshire, I can provide detailed individualised assessments and evidence-based interventions for a range of mental health issues.The models I work with (such as CBT, EMDR, CFT) are collaborative, focussed, and time-limited.
I can also provide consultancy to other professionals, and clinical supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) awarded in 2005 by University College London. I also hold a BSc Psychology, and MSC Health Psychology.
The models I tend to draw upon in my work are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Behavioural therapy, Compassion-focussed Therapy. I am also in the process of training in EMDR (eye movement desensitization & reprocessing) and can offer this therapy to clients.
I have worked in a variety of settings including secure units, community teams, and prison.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Initial assessment session - 90 min - £140
Specialised assessments - variable time required - £100 per hour
Per session - 55 min - £100
Team / organisational consultation - £100 per hour or daily rate (price on application)
Please provide a minimum of 48 hours notice for cancellations. Cancellations after this time will be charged at the full rate.
I am a registered provider of psychological therapy with the following companies:
Bupa, Aviva, AXA PPP
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays between 09:30 and 14:45. I also run one evening clinic per week (usually Tuesday) from 19:30 to 21:30
Types of client
Supervision & training
I have over 11 years experience of working with adults in both NHS and private sector.