Counselling offers you a safe, supportive, empathetic and confidential relationship from which to explore any issues that may be concerning you or negatively affecting your life. I will support you with non-judgemental understanding - giving you a chance to work your way through these issues. We will explore your situation together and discuss the changes that you would like to make.
As a person-centred counsellor I follow the work of psychologist, Dr Karl Rogers, believing that each person is their own 'best expert.' I recognise that every individual has the internal resources they need to fulfil their own potential and to achieve our potential we need favourable conditions. If we have been denied acceptance and positive regard we may not have been able to reach our true potential. As a qualified counsellor with many years of experience, I am committed to working alongside you, supporting and enabling you to look at these issues in a wholly unconditional and confidential environment.
Working with Young People
Alongside working with adults I also offer help and support to young people from the age of 12 years. Young people face enormous pressures in this fast-paced modern world - it can often feel full of rules but with unclear boundaries. Being given the chance to be supported by someone who is not connected to home, school or university can be both beneficial and empowering and can remove a lot of pressure.
Creativity and Walking Therapy
I often work creatively, especially with young people, and offer a range of tools for this work, including; crafts, pens, props, games and sand-tray.
I am very happy to and encourage taking our sessions into the great outdoors. Confined spaces can be difficult for some and living on the South Downs offers a huge space for expression, nature, mindfulness and calm reflection.
If this is something that might appeal to you when thinking about counselling please mention it to me!
I have worked within local senior schools as a school counsellor and I volunteer for two charities; HomeStart-Butser, working with vulnerable families, and Off the Record, counselling for young people in Havant.
It can be daunting deciding whether to begin counselling or not and for this reason, I offer a 20-minute free telephone consultation. This is not a counselling session but will help you decide whether it is the right path for you.
How Will Counselling Help You?
- Offering unconditional support
- Gaining a greater sense of control and acceptance of the things that have been difficult
- Clearer thinking about your situation and your options
- Feeling more positive and less overwhelmed
- Better decision making
- Learning coping strategies
- Higher self-esteem
- Improved relationships
Training, qualifications & experience
- Salisbury College, 1999 - Counselling Skills and Theory Certificate
- Guildford College, 2001 - Further Counselling and Theory Skills
- University of Roehampton, 2003-05 - Integrative Counselling Advanced Diploma
- Talk it Out, Guildford, 2005 - Youth counselling training and placement
- Teen & Adolescent Counselling Skills
- Off the Record, Havant, 2019 - Young person's counselling certificate
Short courses and workshops
- Safeguarding and child protection
- Anger management
- Creative & sand-tray
- Suicide awareness and depression
- Wild therapy
Types of therapy offered
- Person Centred
- Solution-focussed brief therapy
- Walking & mindfulness
Who I work with
- Young people
- Older adults
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£40 per session (50 minute sessions)
I work in Petersfield, Havant, Liss, and Clanfield.
For any further information please visit my website at; rachelbridgmancounselling.com.
Please contact me on either my mobile; 07901875910
or click here to send me an email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|