Rachael Morrison, MBACP, MSc.
I am a fully qualified counsellor & psychotherapist working within East Belfast. I work with adults, adolescents and children (4+).
Adults, children and adolescents all need a space to explore and express their experiences. However, for some, this tends to be more difficult as they struggle to understand what they're feeling, never mind find the words to describe them to an anothe person
People often find that when their voice their experiences, feelings, and worries, and confide in a professional who can offer support and help them make sense of these, they feel heard, understood, and often a little lighter from sharing the weight of these. It is important that in counselling, a therapist is flexible to allow space for this, without expecting the client to always be able to articulate these in a way that makes sense to us, especially if it’s something that doesn’t even make sense to them
I offer a professional, safe, and confidential service for all age groups that tailors the Counselling’s to the client’s needs. Adult counselling often involves taking therapy, helping the client make sense of their situation, offering perspective and helping them make connections between their past and current experiences, and often helping them understand their inner self a bit better. This can sometimes involve using CBT, psychodynamic therapy, art therapy or other creative therapies.
Child and adolescent counselling can sometimes include talking therapy, with a focus on using play, art, drama, music, or stories therapeutically as well to help the client find a way to tell and make sense of their story, thoughts, feelings and experiences that is comfortable for them.
Please get in touch if you have any questions, or to book an assessment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (hons) Applied theology & youth work
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Adult) (2011-2013)
- MSc Child and Adolescent Counselling & Psychotherapeutic Skills (2015-2017)
- 7 years of experience in adult & adolescent counselling across both Dublin and Belfast
- 3 years of experience in children's counselling
- 10 years of experience in youth work/mentoring teenagers
- Experience in community counselling, schools counselling (primary and post-primary) and private practice
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
£35 per session
Times/days that suit for ongoing counselling will be discussed at assessment stage.
Please contact me via the contact form on this site, or on 07396360007. If I am unavailable please leave a voicemail/send a text message and I will get back to you.
Please note that as I work in private practice only a couple of days a week, I may not respond immediately. Please be patient and I will respond within 48 hours.
When I respond I will book an assessment, at which point it will be determined whether counselling could be useful, usually clients are seen for an assessment within a week of the initial contact.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client