Poppy Martin MNCS (ACC)
Brickfield Farm Close
Hi, my name is Poppy and I am a counsellor working in Longfield (Kent).
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS). This means that I agree and abide by the code of ethics established by them, which can be found here; http://www.nationalcounsellingsociety.org/about/c...
Through personal experience I fully understand how challenging it can be to take the first steps into finding a counsellor. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.
I offer you a safe and welcoming environment in which we will work collaboratively to help you find ways to live your life in a more fulfilling, happy way. Counselling will give you the opportunity to explore and understand past and present issues.
We will be within a professional, confidential and non judgemental environment. Allowing you the time, space and support to make positive changes.
I work in an integrative way, meaning I will use a variety of skills and techniques to aid us in moving forward. I combine techniques from the following approaches to counselling;
- CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)
- TA (transactional analysis)
I have extensive experience working with children and adolescents. I use play therapy (such as toys, arts and crafts, games) to aid the child in expressing themselves. I allow the child/adolescent the time and space to build trust and explore the difficulties they may be facing.
If you are considering counselling for your child and have any questions then please do not hesitate to give me a call/email. I am happy to help in any way I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have completed the following courses:
- AQA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- AQA Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- 6 week short course in Counselling Children and Young People
- 1 day workshop on OCD
- 1 day workshop on Mindfulness
- 1 day workshop on Self Harm
- 1 day workshop on Living With a Narcissist
- 1 day workshop on PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
- 2 day course on Psychological Trauma with Southend Mind.
- 1 day workshop on animal assisted therapy
I have also been a volunteer counsellor for Place2Be, a charity organisation whom provide counselling within primary and secondary schools. Through Place2Be I completed the following workshops:
- Making endings with children
- Attachment theory and self awareness in the counsellor
- Working with children with SEN (special educational needs)
I currently work for a charity called Open Door. I work with young people (ages 5-25) mainly within a school environment. Through my work with Open Door I complete yearly Safeguarding training.
I have a full (and current) DBS, available to see upon request.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
A 50 minute one to one counselling sessions costs £45.
I offer a reduced fee for those studying counselling and seeking personal therapy as a course requirement.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 9:00-21:00
Types of client