Polly Singer (MBACP; Dip.Couns)
Whatever brings you to counselling, I will aim to help you feel valued, heard and understood. I can help you identify the challenges you are experiencing, discover ways to cope and to move forward in meaningful ways. I see my role as empowering you to heal, rediscover your strengths and increase your ability to trust yourself. I will value you as a unique, complex individual who brings with you all of your experiences, hurts, worries, joys and desires. Together, we will work collaboratively and with care, to help you achieve what you want from the therapeutic process.
I have significant experience working with:
- panic attacks
- trust issues
- relationship break-up
- childhood neglect and abuse
- domestic abuse
- sexual identity issues
My particular expertise is working with bereavement, grief, losses and life transitions of all kinds. Whilst I think that it is important that I provide you with a sense of the types of issues I have most experience working with, it is important to me to also say that I am interested to know you as a unique, multi-faceted individual. I believe that everyone is far more than the intersections of their lived experiences.
In addition to my private counselling practice I work as a supervisor, counsellor and accredited trainer for Cruse Bereavement Care. I am an accredited member of the Foundation for Infant Loss having undertaken pregnancy, stillbirth and infant loss training in 2017. I have previously worked as a counsellor for a domestic abuse service, supporting people who have experienced domestic abuse and sexual violence to begin to understand, come to terms with and move forwards from their experiences.
I care deeply about my work and I will endeavour to provide you with the best possible experience of counselling. As a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I am committed to upholding their professional standards and abiding by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice. I hold full professional indemnity insurance.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP - Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Professional Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (accredited by the National Counselling Society)
- Certificate in Foundations of Counselling (accredited by the National Counselling Society)
- Accredited Pregnancy and Infant Loss Counselling Professional (Foundation for Infant Loss Training)
- Certificate in Awareness in Bereavement Care (Cruse Bereavement/ Ascentis)
- MA (Hons) Aegean Archaeology (Research Track)
Examples of Further Training:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Metaphor and Therapeutic Encounter
- Working with Suicide and Suicidal Ideation
- Autism Awareness
- Human Trafficking Awareness
- Certificate in Learning and Development (Edexcel)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have particular experience in working with loss, life transitions and grief of all kinds.
Photos & videos
I offer a reduced price initial 50 minute assessment session where we can decide if we would like to work together and can also discuss practical issues such as confidentiality.
I charge £45.00 per hour for face to face counselling. If you are on a reduced income or have financial challenges we may be able to agree a reduced fee.
Following your initial assessment you can book weekly sessions or we can negotiate a pattern that works for you. Daytime, evening and (limited) weekend sessions are available for both short and long term work.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and am committed to upholding their professional standards and abiding by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice. I hold full professional indemnity insurance.
I work from private, ground-floor premises in Nether Edge, S11 which are easily accessible by car or number 3/3a bus.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have space for new daytime and evening clients and some (limited) weekend availability.
Types of client