Polly Rubinstein MBACP Counsellor & Psychotherapist
I am a BACP Member offering counselling and psychotherapy for individuals and couples. Sessions last for one hour and can be held face to face in Uppingham or via telephone or Zoom. My counselling room has plenty of space for social distancing and is fully compliant with the latest COVID-19 guidelines.
I work with adults across a range of issues, with particular focus on:
- Coping with the after-affects of childhood or other trauma, and rebuilding your life positively.
- Difficult life changes, often caused by events outside of our control such as redundancy, divorce, health problems, 'empty nest', retirement and other major life transitions
- Working with male survivors of sexual abuse and rape, as well as more general childhood trauma
- Individuals and couples struggling with relationship issues.
My approach is grounded in the ‘person-centred’ (Carl Rogers) approach, on top of which I draw on a breadth of training and experience in other methodologies so my work with clients is completely tailored to their individual needs. With a background in business I have a directness and authenticity and will be challenging where necessary, to help you bring about the changes you want in your life.
I offer an initial assessment session free of charge, so you can get a feel for the way I work and whether you think my approach will be right for you. If you decide to go ahead with more sessions after that I charge £50 per one hour session.
Free parking is available close by.
Please contact me if you need any further information, would like a conversation before choosing a counsellor or to arrange an initial (free) session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB - Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Relate - Couple and Relationship Counselling
- Tresham Counselling Service - Trauma, Attachment & Neglect in Young People
- Harmless - Working with Self Harm
- UKATA - Transactional Analysis 101
- Relate - Phone & Online Counselling
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- As well as my private practice I work with two agencies in Leicester: Relate, and First Step (working with male survivors of sexual abuse and rape)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Survivors of childhood abuse and neglect
The initial assessment session is free, thereafter sessions are £50 for one hour.
Longer sessions can be arranged if required, although I always start with one hour sessions and then we can discuss and review your needs as we progress.