Philomena Plunkett BSc
My aim is to offer a warm and confidential space for clients to explore areas of their life that causes stress, anxiety and suffering. Whether this is during a life crisis or issues that have been around for a long time, counselling offers you the opportunity to look at how you experience yourself and others in the moment and finds ways to make your life work better for you.
Each session is designed around your needs and what you are experiencing. My practice is based in western and eastern psychology I have a psychology degree BSc from Liverpool University, studied to Master level in psychotherapy with the emphasis on mindfulness and compassion for human suffering. A diploma in integrative counselling and a teaching certificate in yoga I feel it is important to the healing process to work with Mind, Body and Spirit.
I offer long and short term sessions this is usually client led.
Making the commitment to enter therapy is a brave step and I offer an non-judgemental and confidential space for you to explore your inner world.
Working in private practice and most recently with Wiltshire Mind I feel I can offer an empathic warm and supportive service to you in times of difficulty.
Offering support for:
- Personal issues
- Work related issues
- Relationship issues
- Difficulties with sleeping
- Self Esteem
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Level in Psychotherapy Middlesex University 2012
- Diploma Counselling Wiltshire College 2006
- Psychology Degree BSc 2001
- Teacher training in Kundalini Yoga Qualified Teacher 2014
- Wiltshire Mind Counselling 1:1
- Training in Addiction Counselling Drugs & Alcohol
- Training in Domestic Violence Wiltshire Victim Support
- Training in Mindfulness
- Mindful Meditation and how it can benefit you
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Mindfulness and the Mind training
- Experience in personal meditation and silent retreats The art of listening.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
£45.00 per 1 hour Evening session
£40.00 per 1 hour Day time session
A registered member of BACP fully insured and Supervised.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evening sessions available
Types of client