Phillip Attwood MA(Counselling) B.Ed. MBACP
- I am a qualifed counsellor with over ten years experience.
- I aim to provide a safe space for individuals or couples where anxieties and fears can be talked through free from any sense of judgement.
- Once you have made contact with me I will offer you a free half hour taster session to see if we could work well together.
- In this free session I will explain to you how I work, my fees and also get to know a little bit about you and how you think counselling might help you.
- If you decide to proceed with counselling with me we would arrange a regular time to meet, usually at the same time and place each week.
- Every effort will be made to establish an open, honest and trusting relationship with you.
- I will seek to understand how things are for you and will help you to explore the way you feel about yourself, your anxieties, fears and also your hopes and desires
- The counselling relationship can help you to become aware of patterns of behaving and relating that have developed in your life. It can reveal to you how past experience may still affect you and the way you relate to others now.
- By trusting yourself to the therapeutic process you can be helped to gain a greater degree of choice in the way you live your life.
- My counselling is supervised regularly by an experienced and qualified practitioner; supervision enables me to monitor my own effectiveness and professional development.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counselling (Nottingham, 2005)
- Graduate Certificate in Marital Therapies (East African Institute of Counselling, Kampala, 2014)
- MA-Counselling (Roehampton,2017)
- In addition to therapy work involving bereavement, depression, anxiety, addictions and relationship difficulties I have also worked in African cultural settings with HIV/AIDS patients.
- I practise as an Integrative counsellor, although my roots are in psychodynamic therapy and so give attention to the importance and influence of our past experiences on our current patterns of living.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- I operate a sliding scale of fees, the highest being £40.00 for an individual and £50.00 for a couple per session.
- I must stress that by even paying a reduced fee towards your counselling is an indication of your commitment to the process.
- Payment is required for all sessions offered.
- I am particularly interested in working with couples who are seeking to improve and strengthen their relationship.
- I also have a specific interest in issues relating to bereavement and loss of national identity.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday evenings, Wednesday afternoon and evening. Thursday evening.
Types of client