I am a UKCP Registered Transpersonal Psychotherapist. I am also an approved Transpersonal Supervisor on the UKCP Directory of Supervisors and Training Supervisors.
My intention is to be alongside all of the person I am with.
My approach is holistic, humanistic, psychodynamic and Transpersonal.
I also trained as Yoga teacher in the 1980's!
If this sounds interesting to you, you can find more details of me, my work and 30+ experience on my website. www. philippavaizey.com Thank you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- For 30 years+. I have been working in this field, as a psychotherapist, supervisor, trainer and workshop leader
- My Counselling Trainings were with Cambridge University Extra Mural Studies, and Westminster Pastoral Foundation
- My Psychotherapy training was with The Centre for Transpersonal Psychology, London.
- My Supervision training was with Metanoia, London
- I have personal experience of Freudian and Jungian analysis, Sandplay and Bodywork Psychotherapy
- For many years I trained Counsellors on three year Certificate Courses and four year diploma Courses in Suffolk and Essex
- Since Registration, I have been a Workshop Leader on Transpersonal Workshops
- I am co-organiser of the Transpersonal Perspectives bi-annual Conferences
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
The list above gives you some idea of my interests however, I attend to the person, not the symptom. In this way, we can try to discover what brought them to this place in their lives and find understanding and meaning.
A sliding scale from £60 - £40 for psychotherapy and negotiated at our first meeting.
£65.00 an hour for Supervision. Group supervision fees negotiated at first meeting.
Flexible times, please enquire
I work mainly from my home and also can meet in Penzance if transport is difficult. I am happy to use Skype, FaceTime, Zoom or telephone , for those who are unable to travel.
Covid-19 I can offer safe distancing either outside or in a large studio.