I offer a safe and confidential space where we can explore what is going on for you. Are you struggling at the moment? Feeling anxious and over-thinking things? Problems with relationships? You don’t have to suffer on your own.
I am a qualified Humanistic counsellor, very warm, accepting, non-judgmental and I offer both open-ended and short term therapy. I provide an integrative approach and use different elements of Humanistic Therapies depending on your specific needs. I am here for you if you are going through something that is difficult, unbearable and may feel hopeless. Please bring whatever you’re struggling with to the safety of our therapy sessions and together we will find a way forward for you.
Life can be very difficult at times and I understand how facing things alone can be hard. Through talking together in our sessions, I can help you understand yourself better and stand by your side as you create positive and lasting change.
I have regular supervision and often attend workshops to further my development. I enjoy working creatively with my clients and this sometimes helps those who find it hard to say how they are feeling. I am fully insured and have a valid DBS Certificate.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- BA (Hons) Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Experience as an IAPT counsellor working with clients using the NHS IAPT service.
- Experience working for a charity offering counselling and emotional support to young people aged 11-25.
- Experience providing online counselling with clients via Zoom and telephone sessions.
Continuing Professional Development:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Certificate
- Grief and Bereavement Counselling Certificate
- Expressive Arts Experiential Workshop
- How to do Counselling Online Training
- Transactional Analysis (TA) Course
- Safeguarding Children - Level 1
- Safeguarding Adults - Level 1
- Exploring Guilt using Creative Techniques workshop
- Exploring Personal Power using Creative Techniques workshop
- Inner Child Healing Course
- Exploring Anger using Creative Techniques workshop
- Exploring Imposter Syndrome using Creative Techniques workshop
- Using Mindfulness techniques weekend workshop
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I offer a 30-minute introductory session free of charge to make sure we are the right ‘fit’ for one another. Every counsellor will work slightly differently and finding the right one for you is a very important aspect of this work.
50-minute counselling session - £40
Morning, afternoon and evening appointments available.
I enjoy running and descovering new places to explore. I love listening to music, meditating and swimming in the sea!