Philippa Downs Child and Adolescent Counsellor PGDip., MBACP
I am a fully qualified, Integrative Child and Adolescent Counsellor and a registered Memeber of the BACP. I offer counselling and play based therapy to children of primary school age and in the early years of secondary school. I also support parents and families. I work from my Private Practice in Wimbledon or in schools if the school gives consent.
I work with issues such as:
- emotional and behavioural problems
- bullying and friendship worries
- domestic abuse and trauma
- parental separation and divorce
- relationship and family issues
- improving communication in the family
- parenting support
- self confidence and resilience
- parental addiction, alcohol and drug use
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Children, University of East London and Place2Be
- School counsellor, in both primary and secondary schools
- Support for parents of children with emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Specialist training and experience as a Bereavement Counsellor for children and families dealing with complex bereavements such as suicide, sudden death and long term illness, loss of a parent or sibling.
- Worked extensively with children and families affected by addiction or parental alcohol and drug use.
- Qualified M-PACT Practitioner (programme for families affected by parental drug and alcohol use)
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and abide by their code of ethics.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I support parents and families as well as individual children.
Free 30 minute telephone consultation.
£60 for initial meeting/assessment including follow up phone call.
£50 per session lasting 50 minutes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available weekdays to visit schools, after school and Saturday mornings for private practice
Types of client