There may be times in your life when you have needed a bit of extra support, times that you look back at with sadness and times that you worry about in the future. There may also be times that you laugh and have fond memories and times in the future that you wish to look forward to. You may have feelings that you don't understand and occasions where you don't understand how you feel.
The aim of my integrative approach to counselling is to support you to take a step into a journey of exploration of who you are and to help you to move forward in a way that you feel is right for you. I see counselling as a journey of self-acceptance and a space for you to have for yourself in order to explore parts of your life that you are finding or have found difficult. I work using an integrative approach to therapy bringing together humanistic counselling with that of cognitive behavioural therapy or CBT.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- BSc Honours Degree in Psychology
- Level 3 Certificate in Delivering Learning
I have experience of both voluntary organisations and that of the NHS which has allowed me to appreciate the benefits of an integrative approach to therapy. I have the following organisational experience:
- CBT Support working for the NHS in GP Surgeries and Facilitating Self Help Courses
- Listening Ear for adults in a Children's Centre setting
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
I offer an initial appointment at a reduced fee of £10.
If we then decide to work together, appointments are booked for 50 minutes at £35 per session.
I offer both daytime and evening appointments.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|