Philip Ross Martyn
As a Counsellor, I am dedicated to helping people to find understanding in themselves, as well as encouraging them to live their lives freely and happily. After 5 years of professional training to date, I have worked as a Counsellor for a well respected charity in the local area for a year and a half.
My core practitioner training was in person-centred and existential counselling – where the Counsellor is guided by the Client’s needs and the areas they wish to explore. I am also an accredited coach with the EMCC (European Mentoring & Coaching Council) and can work with Clients to build confidence, resilience and understanding.
As someone who has personally benefited from counselling, I am passionate about sharing that same benefit with others.
I am a strong advocate of holistic health and the interconnected nature of our body and mind or how our feelings and emotions can impact our physical well-being. Through my own personal experiences and extensive formal training I am well-positioned to help others through confidential, non-judgmental and supportive counselling sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 18 Months working for a respected local charity seeing many different clients with many different presenting problems
- 5 years of training to date
- BACP Individual member
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Guildford College, August 2019
- EMCC accredited coach – April 2019
- NFCE level 3 award in Counselling Skills, Kingston College, July 2016
- Certificate in continued professional development in counselling those with ME (Distinction)
- SCQF Level 8 Certificate in Counselling Skills
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a particular understanding of M.E, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Post viral fatigue Syndrome. I am keen to work with those suffering with these problems and have developed particular products to support those experiencing these problems.
Standard rate £50
Concessions eg students, Police / Blue Light / Military / Low income
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|