Phil Denton Counsellor and Clinical Supervisor Reg. MBACP
I am a very experienced counsellor and have been working within the field of mental health for almost 20 years, 10 of these have been as a qualified counsellor.
I offer both open ended and short term counselling for individuals, and I work to a very high standard of confidentiality. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), and work from an Integrative model, practicing from a relational approach, which means that I value our relationship, and the relationships you have with both yourself and the outside world.
I work with a variety of problems and issues such as trauma, neurological, and pseudo-neurological, and have supported people affected by immigration, trafficking and modern day slavery. I have also supported those affected by adverse childhood experiences such as abuse and neglect.
Regardless of your behaviour and/or experiences, you will be met with acceptance free of judgement, and offered a safe and trusting place for you to work through issues that you are experiencing, or gain insight into repetitive and/or destructive behaviours.
I have excellent knowledge of LGBTQIA and sexual diversity, and welcome clients from the kink community.
Sessions take place at my practice based in the quiet village of Podington, offering excellent access from Wellingborough, Bedford, and Milton Keynes. This is a secluded ground floor location with excellent free on street parking and disabled access. These are non residential premises, used solely for business purposes, and are highly discreet. I also have availability in Bedford.
I am very timely in responding to e-mail inquiries. However if you do call my landline, please be aware that I share this number with one other Therapist. If you wish to leave a voicemail confidentially, then you can do this using the mobile number, as only I have access to this, it is password protected, and it will be deleted after processing. Please state whether or not it is safe for me to return your call, although I will always be very discreet when doing so.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSC (Masters Degree) in Counselling (onging)
- CPCAB Level 6 Certificate in Supervision
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - ICT
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Bedford College
- CPCAB Level 3 Counselling Skills - Bedford College
- CPCAB Level 2 Listening Skills - Bedford College
- CPCAB Level 2 Introduction to Counselling - Bedford College
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Lead counsellor in NHS commissioned mental health service within Immigration Service Detention.
- Counsellor for CRUSE bereavement service https://www.cruse.org.uk/
- Counsellor for Road Victims Trust charity https://www.rvtrust.org.uk/
- CAN - Drug and Alcohol Services
- Mind mental health charity https://www.mind.org.uk/
- Supporting adults within a secure mental health inpatient setting and acute assessment unit.
- Established in Private Practice as a Counsellor for almost 10 years.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
£40.00 per individual sessions
£30.00 for counselling students undertaking therapy as part of their course requirements.
I am committed to ensuring counselling is available to all, and offer concessions. Please ask me about this.
Clients can refer to me directly, and I also take referrals from GP's, HR departments, health insurance providers and other health and social care professionals.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Ground floor location with no steps. Drop off at door available for those with limited mobility. Private ground floor WC.
Tuesdays daytime and evenings. Weekday evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have a very good understanding of both Person Centered and Integrative Therapy, and work with both student and qualified therapists.View supervision profile